Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Roles configuration for ARM

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have implemented ARM piece of AC but now we have a requirement to map our security technical roles to business roles. Can we create and use business roles without using BRM ?

Example: Create/maintain single roles in backend (ECC/BW etc) and import in GRC then map single roles to Business roles for requestors to select.

Regards,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salman,

Business role combines multiple roles, which could be technical roles, single, composite, master roles

These contained roles can be from multiple landscapes (cross system) so, no, you can't create business roles without BRM.

As the business roles will be available only in NWBC not to any backend system.

You can create single, composite and other roles in backend system directly but to import these roles you need to have BRM in place.

Hope this is clear to you now.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

thanks for the information.

I understand the concept of business roles and where it will exist. We did activated BRM BC sets as well when we implemented ARM.

For example, following have been configured/activated for BRM: Project Release, Role Status, Criticality, Business Process, Sub process and connectors.

But, We don't perform single role maintainence with BRM. We want to use Business Roles to group our security single roles in GRC itself for the users to request it. Hence the question/doubt arise.

Regards,

Salman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Salman,

You can use BRM to create business roles to group roles as per your requirement. You need to confirm the check box for connection group as Business, as below:

As you mentioned, I assume you have defined the Methodology Processes and Steps for role maintenance then under NWBC, you would be able to see role type as Business.

Hope you completed the action for: Deactivate Role Types

Let us know if you need more info on this or for any issues.

Regards,

Ameet

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, Role Methodology is active and I can see Business Role type in NWBC.

We haven't deactivated role types yet and by default it is active for all types includes Business roles.

Suppose, if we deactivate all types except Business roles then that means end users will be able to search/select only business roles correct ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Absolutely.

whatever role types you don't want to reflect under role maintenance category, you can make as inactive. In your case; make all types as inactive but Business.

Any more clarifications?

Ameet

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Amit for the information and your time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to know that my comments were useful to you, we all try to help others (including ourselves) with various issues.

By the way, it's Ameet

Answers (0)