cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps to load pos through Flat file interface ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All .

I am trying to load POS data through falt files to SAP DSIM .In the process I am not able to assign physical path to logical path .

Could please provide details steps  for  how to configure setting in IMG ..in order load POS data through flat file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I am not sure if I understand the issue correctly.

In general, when setting up the file system for DSiM the Installation Guide in Chapter 4.2.3.3 (Defining File System for Direct File Upload) can provide some clarity

http://help.sap.com/dsim --> Installation and Upgrade Information --> Installation Guide

What is important are the parameters in the link of the phyiscal path (refer to attached screenshot):
<PARAM_1>: Placeholder for the name of the Data Delivery Agreement (e.g. Y_POS)

<PARAM_2>: Placeholder for the name of the Folder (e.g. Inbound)
<FILENAME>: Placeholder for the filenames as specified later on (e.g. Products20140708.prd
)

In the end, you need 3 PARAM_2 folders (Inbound, Process and Archive) defined for for each PARAM_1 folder. These entries can be definded here: SPRO --> Cross-Application Components --> Demand Data Foundation --> Data Upload --> Basic Settings --> General Settings

Furthermore,  the File System can be on the same server as the DSIM Installation or Standalone (the decision is dependent on data
volume!) and the
DSiM (system user) needs full ”write“ authorization for all sub-folders in order to be able to move the files
from the ”Inbound“ to the ”Process“ folder.

Does this solve your issue already?

BR Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

still the issue is persists . I have uploaded flat file from local work station for internal source product .

Thanks

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

so the daemon jobs pick up the file from the Inbound folder and copy it over to the Process folder? And then the Process Monitor starts to process the various process chains to upload the data?

And at which point do you experience the issue?

And with internal source product you mean the ERP Master data? This is usually done via BW Extraction.

BR Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna ,

Thanks for the reply . I am getting below error when I try to Manual upload .

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,that error is pretty generic and could refer to multiple things.

Did you create a Data Delivery Agreement for the specific upload? incl Data Origins, etc (as outlined in the docu)?

Are the file names and patterns matching the ones defined for the DDAGR and did you set up the Processes and Steps that the Process Monitor should use to upload, extract and stage the files?

Did you check the customizing with our report to see if the entries are valid and the system has access to the Folder Structures?

What exactly do you mean with manual upload?

BR Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna ,

Thanks for reply . I am loading csv file from  local workstation by using normal BW process .I have mantained DDA setting as mentioned by you .But I didnot set up as Process and steps that the process monitor which upload the data .

We are getting the error when executing the dtp that is loading the data from PSA to DSO(Location Acquisition).

Check got failed .

Can we load CSV  file   in normal BW process . Please clarify us.

Thanks

Chandra

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in principal, you can do it.

The following Docu points you to that:

Manual Data Upload - SAP Demand Signal Management - SAP Library

But still, you need to follow the prerequisites described in the docu in the link above.

With the local workstation it should normally not work. You need a file system where you place your csv files.

Question is why you want to do this. DSiM already provides all BW structures to upload data out of the box.

BR Anna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anna ,

Finally I have configured DDA .Now I need to scheudle process chain trough process monitor .

I have followed below steps to configure web dynpro ..

1. Set the link to the Internet Graphic Server (IGS) so that graphics in the reports are rendered properly. Proceed as follows:
    1. Go to the RFC Destinations (Display/Maintain) (SM59) transaction.
    2. Choose  TCP/IP connections IGS_RFC_DEST .
    3. Double-click on IGS_RFC_DEST and choose Connection Test.
    4. If the server is not responding, contact your system administrator and request a connection to the IGS.
  2. Activate business configuration sets (BC sets) by doing the following:
    1. Go to the Activate BC Sets (SCPR20) transaction.
    2. Activate the following BC sets:
      • /DSR/BCV_VC_SIN_DS
      • /DSR/BCV_VC_QUERY
      • /DSR/BCV_VC_UPRVW
      • /DSR/BCV_VC_UPRVW
      • /DSR/BCV_V_MEANT
      • /DSR/BCV_V_CLF
      • /DSR/BCV_VC_UQVIEW
  3. Activate Web Services by doing the following:
    1. Go to the HTTP Service Hierarchy Maintenance (SICF) transaction.
    2. Choose Execute.
    3. Choose  default_host sap bc webdynpro ddf .
    4. Make sure that all UIs are activated. If a UI is grayed out, right-click on it, and choose Activate Service.
    5. Choose  default_host sap bc webdynpro dsr and make sure that all UIs are activated.
    6. Make sure that the following services are also activated:
      • default_host sap public bc
      • default_host sap public bc icons
      • default_host sap public bc icf
      • default_host sap public bc icons_rtl
      • default_host sap public bc pictograms
      • default_host sap public bc webdynpro
      • default_host sap public bc webdynpro adobeChallenge
      • default_host sap public bc webdynpro mimes
      • default_host sap public bc webdynpro ssr
      • default_host sap public bc webdynpro ViewDesigner

1. To insert the Process Flow Chain (PFC) WebDynpro in the favorites, navigate to the home screen. Right-click Favorites and choose Add Other Objects. On the next screen, double-click Web Dynpro Application. On the following screen, enter the following values:

Field Name

Entry Value

Web Dynpro Applicat.

/DDF/WDA_ADU_PFC_OVP

Description

Process Monitor

Check the process by double-clicking the new entry in your Favorites

I made below some changes aswell .

the problem is that I'm executing NSP 7.02 SP6 virtualized in my own laptop so the response time is not as good as I would and that's why I've modified Connection time out for HTTP by..

1. 1.Just go to SMICM
  2. 2. Menu GOTO -> SERVICES
  3. 3. Select HTTP service
  4. 4. Menu Service -> Change
  5. 5. Enter new response time.

But when try excute process  monitor ..url in the internet explorer is giving below error .

Link--http://sap-bw-new.asiapacific.cpqcorp.net:0/sap/bc/webdynpro/ddf/wda_adu_pfc_ovp?sap-language=EN&WDC...

The device or resource (Server name) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)".

Can you please help on this ..we had further made setting in Inter explorer but still getting same error ...

Thanks

Chandra

Answers (0)