cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I refresh just one tab in a workbook and not the whole workbook?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When i come to refresh my workbook (I do this by pressing the 'Refresh Workbook' button on the ribbon) it takes forever to refresh as my spreadsheets are very large.  Sometimes I just want to refresh a single cell or just one tab.  How do I go about doing this?

Thanks

Amanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

Have you tried right-clicking on the sheet?  The first option in the context menu allows you to select whether to refresh the workbook or worksheet.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ray,

Thanks for this.  I can't believe I have not discovered that option before now, although still a problem.  It will let me refresh a cell by Selecting Refresh Range - perfect, but when i select the EVDRE: Expand and Refresh option, then Active Worksheet. Nothing happens.

I've also tried EVDRE: Expand and Refresh option, then Select Sheets, I then choose the sheet but still nothing happens.

I can refresh the sheet by highlighting all of the cells that need to be refreshed and then selecting the Refresh Range option but there must be an easier way than this.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Amanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

On my system (MS 7.5 SP8), I just created a separate evdre() on different worksheets to test the Refresh Active Worksheet option, and it seems to be working ok.  Out of curiosity, does this happen with any workbook on your system, or a certain one?

Although not what you were originally asking... there is an option you can flag in the Workbook Options panel: EvDRE: Refresh by Sheet.    I haven't used this before, but I did test it today.  Basically, when you have this option set and you then do a Workbook Refresh, BPC will only update a worksheet if you click on the tab to open it.  The reason I hadn't used it was that the Refresh Active Worksheet option would work ok.  In that earlier case, it was a NW 7.5 system.

Ray

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,

Just below the Refresh button there is a dropdown where there are many options available and you can select Refresh Worksheet to refresh the reports on the current sheet only.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for replying.  I can't see this though.  The Refresh button is in the 'Worksheet' section on the toolbar/ribbon.  There is no dropdown.  I am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks

Amanda

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let us know the version of BPC/EPM Add-in?

A screenshot of where you are looking would be better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm on version 7.5.105.03.  Here's a screen shot of my screen, as you can see there are no drop downs on the Refresh Workbook button:

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Amanda,

Please check below thread -

Basically you need to select the workbook option - Refresh by sheet.

Other way round is to enable it through macro.

I thought you were on version 10 and my previous answer corresponded to that.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish,

I think I need to upgrade to version 10!!

Thanks for your help.

Amanda