cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dock material to stock if material has no issue with quality

0 Kudos

Good morning guys,

I have just started with QM, so please kindly guide me.

We have materials that are being activated to Inspection.

So we when to MM02 and added the inspection type 01-Goods Receipt Insp. for Purchase Order, then after that, QDL2 and we have created the Quality level by material and plant, at this time, without vendor code, and in the field Next stage we have the value 0001- SPAP.

That said, after some inspections, material has a huge level of accuracy and we don´t want to continue to check, so, what to do to change this behavior and we want now to Dock this mateiral to stock directly.

Does anyone can help me to understand what to do ?

Shold I go to MM02 and uncheck the "active" in the inspection type ? or change the settings of Inpection type within material master?

Thanks

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This depends on the testing side and how often you wish to check on the material.

Please read up and research dynamic modification rules. This sounds like it might fit your requirement.  With DMR you inspect a certain number of shipments.  If they pass, you allow future shipments to go directly to unrestricted inventory. After so many skips or so many days, you reinspect a shipment.  If it passes, you can go back to skipping.  This can be repeated as long as you want.

Welcome to QM and the SCN forum.  Please make sure you read the rules of engagement.  We do expect questions to be researched PRIOR to posting.

There is considerable amount of information available on "skip lots" and "DMR" already here in SCN and elsewhere.  The SAP help files also have a lot of info on it.  And don't be afraid to use that F1 key when your trying things in SAP.

Craig

0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

Thanks for your time.

I´ve made several reserches, but to be very honest, none of those answers has clarified my doubts.

We have DMR here, configured as showed below.

Insp.
  stage
Insp. severitySkipShort textStage Chg. for
  Insp. Stage
No. of
  Inspections
Max. skip dur.New StageRejectionsNew insp. stage
16 PAP - Part Approval Processx10211
24 R - Regular
  Inspection
x30412
34 A - Audit inspectionx10412
40XD - Dock to Stockx30180312
124 SL - Shelf Life
  Material-Date sensitive
x999012112
134 100 - 100% Inspectionx999013113
161 N - Always inpectedx999016116

I read that I have it inside of the Inspection plan (QP02) , and I have also the QDL2 set to the material and Vendor, with the field stage set as 0001-PAP.

So, is not clear how system will dock material directly to unrestricted stock, if my material is ok, no issues.

It wil be automatically moved to Unrestr.Stock ? an Inspect lot will be created either if material was inspected many times ?

Do I have to go inside of QDL2 and change the inspection level or system will perform that automatically based on the QM results ?

Sorry for all of these, but I didn´t find something that clarifies my doubts yet.

Carlos

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The QDL1/2 records should get created automatically when new ones are required.

The quality level should get updated automatically by the system when ever the UD is made or lot is created depending on the settings of the rule.

Once on the skip stage, your inspection lots shoud be created as SKIP lots.  If the material is in QI with these skip lots you need to run the auto UD program, (QA10), with the skip lot indicator set.  For materials being Auto UD'd, you should have at least one required characteristic in the inspection lot.  If all characteristics are optional, the auto UD will see them as available to process as well as the skip lots.

Craig

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

In this DMR, which one is your initial stage, and what is (If rej.critria)?

Can you cut/ paste screen shot of your DMR?

Thanks

DD

0 Kudos

Hi Guys, thanks you so much.

So, what was missing is the auto UD posting, after set this job we were able to move on with our things here.

Carlos

Answers (0)