cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Printing: SY521 at PRE_DISP Act Hook on NC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I am trying to set-up an ADS Printing scenario, where a label is printed after a concrete NC is logged. For that I have attached the SY521 activtiy as PRE_DISP activity hook on the NC, which has disposition group.

I followed the How-To Guide for SAP ME 6.1 printing ("How To Set Up and Use the SAP ME Printing Feature"), but there is no concrete reference to this scenario.

Does anyone have experience with such scenario? From my uderstanding, there are not many config steps necessary. But maybe I missed some:

1. define document
  2. define printer as SY521 rule
  3. attach document to material in material maintenance
  4. attach activity hook in NC Code Maintenance

From this steps, I see as the complicated one the document settings, which I am attaching to the post.

Can anyone give hints?

Regards,

Andrej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Did you reference the document name (in your example "TEST") in the user arguments for the Pre-Disp activity hook and/or reference the document name in the activity rule for SY521?

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

thank you for your fast reply.

Yes, I entered the document name as argument. But without any other characters. I used just "TEST". Should I enter "TEST;", or "documentName=TEST;" or something similar?

Regards,

Andrej

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"TEST" seems to be good.

You have not mentioned it explicitly but I guess you cannot get the label printed. If so, have you tried to switch "Print by" to SFC instead of Shop Order? Have you tried setting up the document with "com.sap.me.document$*" plug-ins as described in the Guide and online help?

You might try to turn on ME logging to check what happens during the disposition - if there is ever any hint about triggering printing action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sergiy,

thank you for your hints.

I tried all of the settings above, but without sucess. I can not see any reference to printing in the logs, but as I have set up another test hook (MII_TRANS_EXT), I know that the hook is executed, but the rpinting is not triggered.

The only weired exception I can see in the log is:

com.sap.me.production.SFCListEmptyException

But this exception occurs also when the hook is disabled.

I will log an incident for support, as there might be a problem somewhere else.

Regards,

Andrej

0 Kudos

Hello Andrej,

Waitinf for the incident from you

Please, make sure there is connection to your system, so the scenario can be analyzed on your side.

Br, Alex.

0 Kudos

Just to keep this thread updated: the cause was that the Document was attached to another Material version.