cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the WARPL and WERK fields always blank in table EQUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I list the content of the table EQUI using se16, the fields for the planning plant and maintenance plant always blank regardless of what I assigned to the equipment using transaction IE01. Is this a bug?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

WARPL is a 'maintenance plan' field so not related to plant. The field WERK (Plant) will be empty in table EQUI.

You can find the Planning Plant in the latest EQUZ record (EQUZ-IWERK). The Maintenance Plant can be found in ITOB table (ILOA-SWERK). You can find the correct ITOB record from EQUZ-ILOAN value. EQUZ-ILOAN >> ILOA-ILOAN

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul.

The ITOB table provides multiple records for a given equipment. It seems it is purpose is to keep track of the changes on the equipment. My application expects only one equipment record based on the criteria of the maintenance plan and modification and creation date.

I have found that  the table V_EQUI provides the information I need. I assume this table/view is always available in the  ERP instance

Thanks

-Naiem

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, there usually will be multiple ITOB records. But the current one can be found from the current EQUZ record (that is the one valid to 31.12.9999).

V_EQUI will also return multiple records - but again you can find the current one which is the one valid to 31.12.9999.

-Paul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naiem Zohrri,

Looking at the ABAP Code, the WARPL field is used for maintenance plans connected to PRT equipment.

The WERK field is connect to serial numbers.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks PeteA, I have found my answer in table V_EQUI

-Naiem