cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google maps support in VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are google maps supported in Visual business provided one has license for google maps?

I have not been able to try (dont have license) but heard that they are not supported as google maps does not support maps as tiles.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Technically Google maps are working. However, current license terms of Google do not allow to use the map tiles with anything else than the Google JavaScript API. We are currently working on a Certification process for Map providers. As part of this process we will work with Google to make a use of there maps within Visual Business officially possible.

Regards,

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

That's nice to hear. Google maps has rich map data and APIs which makes life easier for developer.

We used mapquest/openstreetmaps and struggled to provide google-like functionality.

Please let me know once it's available. Thanks.

Regards,

Amit

WRoeckelein
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

any news on using Google Maps with VB?

Regards,

Wolfgang

ralf_rath
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

please be patient. I have sent you a mail to your c-user.

Ralf

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ralf,

Is there any new update on this?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I wonder if Google Maps is already supported towards a MAP PROVIDER, the TM 9.2?

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean if you can use SAP Transportation Management 9.2 with SAP Visual Business integrating a Google Maps content?

0 Kudos

Hi Marcus.

Yes. That's what I mean. Is there any update about the integration with google maps?

If not, the integration would be done only through abap?

Regards

Fabio Roos

former_member186731
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case you are just talking about the visual map display: This must and can only be done using SAP Visual Business and Ralf needs to answer this.

In case you are talking about additional services like geo-coding and distance determination: This can be done in ABAP without SAP VB.