cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The executable R3trans in /usr/sap/SID/SUM/abap/exe is too old.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am doing SAP EHP5 to EHP7 upgrade using SUM10. In Extraction phase am getting the error, "

The executable R3trans in /usr/sap/SID/SUM/abap/exe is too old. It needs a release date of 06.06.14 or later".

R3trans and TP : I tried with 721 and 741 both, when I extract 721 R3trans its shows release 721 - 10.06.14 which is the later release date of 06.06.14, and when I continue the installation and am still getting the same error. After that I checked again using ./R3trans and it says 04.02.14.

Kernel : 721_EXT

Also I tried with 741 Kernel as well.

Screenshot attached

Regards,

Rachit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also having similar issue in "Extraction phase". copy the latest 740 R3trans to /usr/sap/SID/SUM/abap/exe directory. Please find the following screenshot.

Thanks,

Dipam

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you, everyone for your solutions.

Problem is resolved by the solution provided by

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

has you problem solved ?

else try downloading latest R3trans version 741 and keep it in SUM directory and retry with the phase .

Regards

Dishant pathak

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If this is a Unicode system then use the R3trans archive R3trans_42-10012494.SAR

I see that this was released on 10th of July this year.

Regards

RB

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rachit,

First, ../abap/exe contains the target version kernel so 721 is wrong kernel. You should download latest 741 R3trans (I hope this is the release u selected in MOPZ, if you are not sure then fist check the version of tp and disp+work in this directory and use the same for R3trans) and update in this directory.

Regards,
Gaurav

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Download latest Kernel, extract it and copy R3* files from there.

Refer similar thread