cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC 12 BW Transport Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

I am facing a very strange issue while moving my transport to production. TR failed with RC12 and attached dump was generated in ST22.

My TR had Custom DSO/Data model/ new custom query, also there were few DSO which were showing as inactive from front (we cannot manage it) but their active table was active and data can be seen in se16 : so i locked few of those DSO as well in my TR.

Apart from this by mistake : we changed one SAP Standard BEX variable from optional input to mandatory : but that variable seems active when i checked in one of table RSZGLOBV. So not sure of this can be one issue ?

Note we have just 2 environment : Dev/Test ->>Production so error was not known until we send to production.

Please suggest if you have any pointers on this - this TR is moving to Solution Manager BW system. Basis team suggested us to check this dump.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

your error is related with a bex object, the Function mentioned in the error message is related with bex. Using the object id in the error message, trace it down to the problematic object. Pass the object id in table RSZELTTXT, you would get the text for the object.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue fixed by recollecting and sending.

There were few query element incorrectly in TR as well as there was source system issue . BI self source system for production box was not correct hence it was giving RC12.

This was fixed after source system was set up and then re transported

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please close the thread by making as answered.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute report RSTRAN_ROUT_RSFO_CHECK to check and remove any inconsistencies for the transformations on the transport request.

• Run the report in the source and in the target system for ALL affected transformation for both A and M versions and repair them.

• Reactivate all affected transformation in the source and target system of the transport.

• Create a new transport request in the source system and import.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you get RC 12 its not related to any object failing. You are saying since objects are moving to Solution Manager, So Leave it about the failed transport and try to re-collect the objects in sequence.

like :

try to collect all modelling objects like DSO , Transformation,DTP all in to one request, If you change any key fields please drop the data when moving the transports.

Second : please collect Bexquery into another reqeust .

I hope this way it will get success.

Regards,

Satya.

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error message seems to be more generic.

As suggested, collect backend objects (DSO changes)  in one trnsport request and new query/ query chnages in seperate transport request and move it in sequence.

This makes easy to find out erroenous objects that causing transport failures.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In bw we need to follow the sequence of transports.

i think you followed the same.

But better to split your transport into multiples and move them one by one.

Then we will know which is problematic object.

Thru your error we cant find which is problematic?

in general RC-12 - indicates system back end issue.

Mean while please inform to basis team .

Thanks