cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please deploying Crystal Decisions 10 to Microsoft 2008 R2 IIS 7

0 Kudos

Folks, I need your help please. We've been using Crystal Decisions 10 with MS Server 2003. We're migrating to a VM envirionment with MS Server 2008 R2. I have everything working except for our crystal reports. We are a mostly an ASP Classic enviroment.

When the report is called it opens, the SP query does not fail but the data does not show in the activex viewer. If there is a tree view associated with the report, you can see the expandable data points on the left but the report does not actually appear. No errors are apparent either.

This thing is killing my production. Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

One more bit of information I discovered after my original post.
Like I explained before. The report viewer loads with no errors. If there is a tree view associated with the report, those data points are shown on the left. There's clearly a connection to the data base and it's not a authentication issue.

What I discovered is this. if I right click on the report and select 'last page', the second page will appear. on this particular report it's just a heading showing a revision memo and when the report expires.

It's a clue. To what, I don't know.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports - Legacy SDKs SCN Space.

I really doubt that you will ever get this working. As Sastry mentioned, CR 10 did not support MS Server 2008 R2. The only version of CR (using classic ASP) to support anything close (WIN 7) was CR XI R2 (v. 11.5.x), Service Pack 6. See the following wiki for more details:

Crystal Reports v. 9.1 to SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime...

For CR XI R2 SP 6 and WIN 7 I wrote a small blog - essentially collating info reported by customers on how to get ASP working - on WIN 7 (sometimes this works, other times...). See:

Please note that both CR 10.x and 11.5.x are out of support (have been for years). My recommendation, understanding that porting the app to more recent versions of CR and either the .NET or Java SDK is not possible:

Update to CR XI R2 and keep your fingers crossed. Your chances of getting this to work CR 10 are pretty well zero. Your chance of getting this to work with CR XI R2 SP 6 are better, but still approaching zero. You may be able to obtain CR XI R2 by calling sales (866-681-3435) or check the Worldwide Office Locations | SAP.

Last note. If you do manage to get CR XI R2, please so keep in mind that:

1) CR XI R2 is no longer supported.

2) You will be using CR XI R2 in an unsupported environment (Server 2008).

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek. I will read the referenced posts and then come back to mark this answered.

So I can let folks here know. Your answer is that Class ASP is not supported and the common wisdom is it will not work with Windows Server 2008?

0 Kudos

Ludek,

I marked your answer above as the correct answer. I read the links you provided and decided to try the easiest solution first as follows:

4) HTTP 401.2 - Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration reported in Internet Information Services logs.

Reported solutions:

1) In the RDCrptserver115.asp (for 11.5) and rptserver.asp (for 8.5) files, change the 1st occurence of the line:

response.addheader "CONTENT-LENGTH", lenb(temp)

to

response.addheader "CONTENT-LENGTH", lenb(temp + 0)

I did this with RDCrptserver10.asp and in about five minutes our reports were rendering correctly.

Thank you very much for the assistance. This was a life saver!

Jack

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

WOW! Talk about a shot in the dark hitting dead center LOL

But please do mention to the powers that be, that they really should be thinking about moving on to supported platforms. I do understand the issues and difficulties in the "real" world when it comes to these updates, but CR 10 has been out of support for over 5 years and CR XI R2 has not been supported for over 2 years. Talk about job security...

Happy coding,

- Ludek

0 Kudos

Oh, this will be a hot topic until we come up with a strategy for moving forward.

Thanks  again!

-Jack

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Crystal 10 was not tested on Windows 2008 R2 server.  It is a very old version and not compatible with latest OS.

You can refer supported platforms document for your reference.

In order to support, you may have to update your Crystal version to latest version.

-Sastry

0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

I knew I was going to receive that answer at some point. However it's possible some basic setting that is not dependent on the OS might be at play here. We ran the same servers for a decade so no one here has had to install and setup Crystal Reports on the server.

If we did upgrade, what version would you suggest as a replacement for Crystal Decisions 10? We won't need to develop with it, just render our ASP Classic reports.

regards,

Jack