Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help and guidance regarding SAP SD module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I just passed my integrated MBA(Marketing) from IIPM , joined a stock broking company as RM sales,  planning to set my career in right way, few of my friends told me join SAP SD,  is it worth of get trained with out 2 years of experience,  is certificate important, how good I would get placements; which institutions are best in Hyderabad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP SD is quite mature. Most of the organizations ask for implementation exposure including all the phases of the project. I think a domain exposure in Sales or Marketing would be a good way to began a career in SAP SD and CRM respectively.

I would suggest a certification after some years of domain exposure to look for a career in SAP SD or CRM

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Sanil Bhandari
4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satwik,

Domain experience is added advantage but it is not mandatory.  So, you can go to SAP SD straight away, however check the SAP CRM Sales or Service that would be a good option as it is emerging now in global market.

SAP Certification is added advantage when you apply for the job.

Regards

GGOPII

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP SD is quite mature. Most of the organizations ask for implementation exposure including all the phases of the project. I think a domain exposure in Sales or Marketing would be a good way to began a career in SAP SD and CRM respectively.

I would suggest a certification after some years of domain exposure to look for a career in SAP SD or CRM

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Sanil Bhandari

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satwik,

The question really is "Would you want to be an SAP SD Consultant?" What is it that is making you switch your career from Management to Consulting? Would you make such a drastic career change just because a friend suggested you to? If you indeed follow his/her advice and make a career switch and later on some other friend suggest another suitable career would you switch again?

You opted for MBA (probably because you wanted to become a Manager of some sort) after spending a ton of money and even made it as a Manager (I presume RM stands for Regional Manager or something like that). And even before you spent a year in this role you are thinking of a drastic career change? How would this reflect on your Resume? As an interviewer, I would see you as somebody really confused and lacking a career direction or goal.

A degree from IIPM (if my understanding of your cryptic background is true) is not cheap and so is the case with SAP Certification. Hoarding degrees does not make much sense unless you have a dedicated goal. I suggest that before you start wondering about SAP SD Certification, think about the bigger picture. What are your career objectives? Where do you want to be 5 or 10 years down the line? Management or Consulting?.. etc

pk

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First and foremost point you need to take into consideration is at what perks you are going to join as a SD Consultant?  Obviously, it would not be even half of your current salary since as for as SAP is concerned, you are a newbie.  To reach senior level, definitely, it will take some 5-6 years, depending upon, how fast, you learn SAP.  So you have to decide whether to learn something new to your career and forego your current perks or better concentrate in existing marketing line itelf and go up in the ladder.

Last but not least, on the comments

Domain experience is added advantage but it is not mandatory

added by Gopi, I have to differ this.  Definitely, for any functional consultants, they need to have domain experience; else, it is very difficult even to survive I would say

G. Lakshmipathi