cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Gurus , Loading to internal produt source and Product master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus ,

For internal product  master data we should from  loaded  POS data through Flat files and for Product Master we load from BW extractor .

Is this right ? and how do we harmonize both ?

Please through some light o master data loading..

Thanks

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is correct.

I am not an expert in the BW Extractor topic, but to my knowledge, the following steps need to be taken to extract data from ERP to DSiM:

Customizing of the Extractor:

1) Transferring Application Component Hierarchy (in SAP ERP) --> Transaction RSA9

2) Transferring Business Content DataSources (in ECC) --> Transaction RSA5

Relevant Data Sources:

PathRelevant Data SourceDescription

LO -> LO-IO

0CUSTOMER_ATTR

0CUSTOMER_TEXT

0CUSTOMER_LKLS_HIER

0MATERIAL_ATTR

0MATERIAL_LKLS_HIER

0MATERIAL_LPRH_HIER

0MATERIAL_TEXT

0MAT_UNIT_ATTR

Customer Number

Customer Number

Customer Number

Material Number

Material Number

Material Number

Material Number

Material: Unit Conversion

3)  Implementing SAP Note 1707140 in the ECC system.
A few ECC DataSources are not completely enabled for delta upload into DataStore objects. Since in the data flow from ECC into the DSiM system you want to update DataSource 0CUSTOMER_ATTR to an ODS object as the data target, the SAP Note 1707140 must be implemented.

This was valid for DSiM 1.0 but not sure if there are changes for 2.0 or if that is all on ECC side.

The harmonization of both master data objects is done in the Data Harmonization. This can either be done automatically during the upload of POS data or manually afterwards. Depends on how you set up the system:

Configuring and Administrating Data Harmonization - SAP Demand Signal Management - SAP Library

If the system is set up to match it automatically, it could check for example the GTIN, description or other attributes to find a match between the objects and will only require a manual mapping in case it does not find any sufficient matches.

Best Regards,

Anna

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Saranya S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have faced a problem while uploading file for location as 0 records are transferred to location acquisition DSO .We have contacted SAP regarding this issue and they have recommended to upgrade from DSIM 1.0 to DSiM 2.0. Could you please let us know if you have encountered any issue for location file upload. If you have not encountered any issues, could you pls provide a sample location file for us and any note to be implemented.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saranya ,

We are in  the process of upgrading to DSIM 2.0 but I am not involved in the process .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your reply. I have some queries like, after upgradation, does it impact data available in DSiM 1.0 system and the dashboards which are created already are working as same as before?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saranya S

0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

Which DSIM Support pack is installed in you system? If you are on DSIM1.0 SP04 or higher, the upgrade to DSIM 2.0 should run smooth. If you are on a lower SP you have to be aware of a significant change shipped with SP04 -> see note 1916838 (Key of Harmonized Product Attributes). This change has to be considered upon upgrading to DSIM 2.0. The reports shipped with Standard DSIM are changed accordingly and do not need to be adjusted. Feature Pack 02 of DSIM 2.0 is planned to be available next Monday (Dec 1st). I strongly recommend to install DSIM 2.0 FP02.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. We are currently on DSiM 1.0 SP03. We went through the note no 1916838 and we never faced any problem on that front. Is there any documentation available on Marketplace or on the internet that specifies the differences between SP03 and SP04 so that we can sure that there won't be any impact, especially on the data,  while transitioning?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saranya S

0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

as of DSiM 1.0 SP04 the text fields for Brand, Manufacturer, Category and Subcategory has to be filled, if the data origin provides the data.

Below you see the data source /DDF/PRODUCT_ATTR

The _TXT fields marked in yellow shall be filled, if Brand, Manufacturer, Category or Subcategory are provided., since these fields will ba passed to DSiM Harmonization.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply. We checked and found that all these fields are filled with the necessary data. So do you think we will face any other issues during upgradation (i.e) do we need to upgrade DSiM 1.0 to SP04 or can we do the transition to DSiM 2.0 directly?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saranya S

0 Kudos

Hi Saranya,

I recommend to upgrade to DSIM 2.0 FP02 directly.

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I have some queries regarding DSiM 2.0 up gradation. Did you upgrade DSiM 2.0 from DSiM 1.0 or Did you install DSiM 2.0 from scratch?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Saranya S