cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No OPC servers found on the machine specified - Rockwell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When i am trying to add a source system in PCo, its showing an error "No OPC servers found on the machine specifed".

i have gone through with following threads also.

We have tried with the OPC test tool which is come with Rockwell, its showing all the OPC servers list. But in PCo i am not able to see.

The same PCo we have installed in OPC server engineer laptop, in that we are able to all the list of OPC servers.

So can anyone please help me or suggest me what needs to be done for connection successful. Thanks,

Versions: PCo 2.3, Rockwell 20 OPC DA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve & Swaroop,

Hooray, now I am able to see all OPC server in PCo.

My client people reinstalled the Wondarware OPC with new version (Wonderware InTouch 2014).

I have installed the following things

OPC Core Components Redistributable (x86)

OPC UA Local Discovery Server

SAP PCo   

In DCOM Settings we have set the Launch and Activation Permissions & Access Permissions to Use default for OpcEnum in Security tab.

And restarted the OPCEnum Service.

Thank you so much for your inputs.

Regards,

Vijay A.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's great Vijay.

Thanks for sharing this.

Warm Regards,

Swaroop

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve & swaroop,

Thanks.

OPC and PCo installed on the same machine, even I tried with DCOM settings also.

They have installed Wonderware and Rockwell in the same machine, it may be creating problem. They are planning for re-installion of OPC when the plant is shutdown. After that I will try once again.

Thanks,

Vijay.

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah Thanks Vijay.

Do let us know your findings from this.

Good luck!!

Warm Regards,

Swaroop

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

OPC Core Components Redistributable(x86) should suffice. I don't see any need to install SDK. Have you checked giving IP address instead of localhost?

Also, please try the DCOM setting as mentioned by Steve, this was something I missed.

Thanks Steve for pitching in with a thought.

Warm Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop & Steve,

Thank you very much for your continuous help!!

@Swaroop,

As you said, I have installed an OPC local discovery server but still we are facing same issue.

We have installed only an OPC Core Components Redistributable(x86), do we need to install an OPC Core Components SDK also???

@Steve,

1) OS is Windows 7 Professional

2) OpcEnum version is OPC Server Enumerator 1.10

3) PCo 2.3 Version is 2.304

4) As per the OPC Server engineer information, OPC is installed on the Archestra Machine and they are able to see all OPC DA Server list. I don't know where to check it.

Thanks,

Vijay.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please confirm that PCo is installed on the SAME system as the Archestra DA Server.  If this is not the case, then you will need to configure DCOM in order for PCo to see OPC servers on a remote server.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve & Swaroop,

Thank you for your reply!!

We are trying to connect OPC DA (Wondareware DA). PCO and OPC are in same Machine. 

I am providing all the screen shorts.

Following are the Screen short fo OPC DA server System Management Console, in that we are able to see all the OPC servers details list which are availabe in the machine.

@Swarrop,

We are using OPC DA, as per my knowledge OPC UA Local Discovery Server require for UA system. Should we install it for DA system also?

Kindly help on this issue.

Thanks,

Vijay

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Vijay.

I would recommend installing local discovery server. Actually, you problem is similar to what i was facing sometime back while connecting to a matricon system. Following were the steps that resolved it and i was able to see available servers.

1. Getting the OPC core components installed. In your case, it's alreay installed and OPCEnum is started.

2. Installing OPC local discovery server. Though it might look relevant to UA but this one specifically solved my problem.

It should not take much time as to install it.

Please try and let me know if it helped.

Thanks,

Swaroop

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

Are you sure the Archestra OPC Server is enabled? All OpcEnum does, when used by PCo, is enumerate the Registry to find the connection details for all installed OPC Servers.

1. What OS is running on the machine?

2. What is version of OpcEnum.exe?

2  What is the version of PCo 2.3 that is installed?

4. Is there an OPC client installed on the Archestra machine? if so, can this client see the Wonderware DA Servers in the OPC Servers list?

Regards, Steve

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Are you sure opcenum service is running on both the systems, the one where pco is installed and on the wonderware system.

Also, which mode is that you are using. OPC DA should be able to get the opc servers on the list.

If i remember it right, we need to keep the url blank while searching for opc server in the source agent.

If you can share the screenshot(encrypted) of your configuration, I am sure you would get an early resolution.

Also on the above lines, Opc redistributable server 1.0 has to be installed on the machine where pco is installed. Please try this before cracking any other nut.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please help in this issue?

Thanks,

Vijay

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Is PCo installed on the same server/PC as the Rockwell OPC Server?

Which OPC Server, RSLinx or RSLinx Enterprise/FactoryTalk Gateway, and which version?

What is the complete SP and Patch level of PCo?

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Sorry, they are using Wonderware In Touch version 11 not Rockwell. I am very sorry for wrong information.

we have installed PCo latest one i.e. PCo 2.3 SP04.

Yes steve, PCo and Wonderware installed on the same server.

Thanks,

Vijay.

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Please provide screen shots of the PCo OPC DA Source System's Server and Settings.tabs

Which OPC Server are you trying to connect to? OPC DA, OPC UA? Are they Wonderware DA or DI? A description of the architecture would help as well.

Regards, Steve

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vijay,

You would get the link in below thread.

Thanks,

Swaroop

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Firstly you would like to check if OPC core components are installed on your PCo server.

You can check it by looking into the service list, if you have OPCEnum in the list. If it's not there, kindly get it downloaded and installed from OPC foundation's site.

Also, you might need to install OPC discover able server 2.0 from the site. Optional!!

Once you have these things on your PCo server, you would be able to OPC server lists in the source system.

Hope this helps.

Warm Regards,

Swaroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swaroop,

Thanks for reply!!

We have already installed OPC Core components.

In Services OPCEnum is present, we have started the service and set the startup type to Automatic. Still we are unable to OPC source system.

Can you give me the link for OPC Discover able server 2.0.?? I have tried in the http://opcfoundation.org/

but fail to find out.

Thanks,

Vijay