Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAM - Change Logs - Issue

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My query is regarding EAM change logs. As per my understanding, EAM change logs will be fetched based on entries in CDHDR,CDPOS and STAD

I am testing EAM reports and found that when using standard Tcodes SU01, PFCG etc and I make some changes logs are being captured. But when i use custom Tcodes or some other Tcodes like CAA2,CAA1, BP, FPCJ etc and make changes, nothing is being captured in change logs.

I assume this is because i cannot see any of these changes in CDHDR,CDPOS and STAD. But if i want these changes to be recorded as part of change logs, enabling table logging for the tables where these changes gets stored. Is it the only way? Also can someone confirm if table logging will help with my issue. Also will there be any issues if enable table logs like performance etc.

I can see that for most of the Tcodes change logs are not getting captured. I assume many of you also might have had same issues.

Just wanted to know from others epxerience how did they handle these cases.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

You need to refer note#http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1775432

Let us know whether or not this helps, in case no success, share your component version details with SP levels with the following details:

How about the parameters like 4003-4006..and parameters required for the plug-in connectors.

Can you share details for: STAD, SM19, SM20/21, SM49

Regards,

Ameet

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Time Zones of GRC and Plug-in systems are proper and there is no issue with those.

I am working on GRC version 10.0 and SP13. Below are our EAM config settings.

When users executes tcodes SU01, PFCG etc, change logs shows up. For few Tcodes like BP, CAA2 user is actually logging in and changing the currency field from USD to INR. Like this they are doing many changes in contract account screen. None of those changes are captured in STAD or SM19 or SM20 or in CDHDR and CDPOS tables.

For my scenario should i enable table logging for all the fields where those values are being stored?? Is it a feasible approach? Will it affect performance? I just saw below note, will this help my issue?

1653464 - Enable Change Log Monitoring by Activating Table Logging

Also saw below discussion in ideas place which is similar to my issue, and can see that table logging enabled in GRC 10.1

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=4F27C74D-5330-4569-8199-D69072C0D4AE&idea_id=C4A0B754-...

Please suggest if there is any work around for this issue

Regards,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Yes, you can enable change log by activating table logging, and the same has been recommended in the note as well. But this should be performed in Production system.

For now, I assume you are left with this option only.

Kindly try and let us know if this works out.

Regards,

Ameet

Answers (0)