cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predictive Algorithm for Churn analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody help me with the algorithm which I can use for churn analysis?

Thanks,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

If you are not familiar with these algorithms, you can alternatively use SAP InfiniteInsight which is less about algorithms and more about answering questions.

To use it, you will need a target variable which is the churn flag (yes or no, the person has cancelled a contract) and input variables to describe the customer behaviour.

The component in SAP InfiniteInsight to use is Classification/Regression. It is very straightforward to use.

Armelle

AndreasForster
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

and this webinar (to be held on 25 September 2014) will explain the SAP InfiniteInsight approach further

- how to identify clients at risk of churning in the first place

- and how can you try to prevent them from churning

ASUG.com - Events

Greetings

Andreas

former_member184912
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

For Churn analysis or what is usually referred to as a binary classification problem where the customer is either staying or leaving=churning I would suggest one of the following algorithms:

CNR Decision Tree - which also provides a decision tree to explain which feature split is influencing the target (churn) the most.

You could also chose one of the R based Neural Network algorithms, however the produced predictive model & results are usually hard to explain.

If need be you can enhance the number of available algorithms by adding you own R functions - there are a lot of examples in this community.

If you have SAP HANA you could also chose:

Decision Trees:C4.5, CHAID or CART (new in SAP HANA SP08).

Other supervised learning algorithms for binary classification: Naive Bayes or SVM (Support Vector Machine).

There are a lot more but this should get you started.

Best regards,

Kurt Holst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kurt.

A lot to read....Let me figure out what will suit my business case of telecom industry.

Thanks,

Atul