cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Interactive Reporting Transport or Manual Install in QAS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Guru,

Our company implemented the Interactive Reporting in CRM DEV system and all functions work fine. But when we tried to move it to QAS system by transportation system, it failed with following errors, mainly in BI content(Datasource) part.

In our DEV system, all relevant Datasource are collected in RSA6 in CRM side, and the replicated DS/Infosource by RSOR in BW side. Their package were also changed from $TMP to a Z package.

We've followed all steps in BB Guide C41. Our CRM version is 7.0 EHP2.

Now I wonder if the Interactive Reporting is supposed to move to QAS/PROD by transportation or manually install the BI Contents in each target system? Anybody who can share your experience is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Zhenhong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We were able to transport the business content changing the $TMP package to a Z package and saving in a transport request.

Then in target system you go to RSA1 (Tools > Conversion of logical system names) and map the DEV system to QA system. This way when the requests are transported, the dev system logical system entry are converted to qa system entry.

I was able to transport all the business content this way, but even after that when I run the transaction /CRMBW/CONFIG_WIZARD I get a lot of errors and no activation on ORDYWB was possible. Also it was not possible to create an interactive report in QA. So I had  to open the QA system for changes, and then run the ORDYWB.

After this it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Susana,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I also activated BI contents in QAS directly and that works.

One more question, do you create interactive report in QA or PRD directly, or create them in DEV first then transport them to Q/P later?

Today I tried to create a report in DEV, then move it to QA. I can see it there but can't execute the report in QA. It showed 'insufficient authorization' error message. But I have the same authorization in both systems actually.

Thanks,

Zhenhong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Here we decided to let the user create the own reports directly on PRD system. But is an option.

If you transport them to QA and PRD you should be able to execute it.

Please confirm if you have following authorization profiles:

SAP_CRM_OR_ACTIVATE / SAP_CRM_OR_CONFIG (these are to activate and configure interactive report).

SAP_CRM_OR_ADMIN (to create a interactive report itself) e SAP_CRM_OR_USER (to execute an interactive report).

Additionaly the users which execute the interactive reports need to have the profile S_BI-WHM_RFC because when you run an interactive report, the system validates some authorization objects related with access on business content data. I do not know exactly with authorization object is verified, but if you are not able to assign this profile to your user on QA or PRD, activate a trace using ST01 to check for missing authorizations and run the report, after that analyze the trace to get the exact authorization object which is missing.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i can see above discussion you guy are really experts in CRM interactive reporting.  i am  new to interactive reporting.

guys really i need your help.

1. I created new report in CRM DEV through wizard.  But not sure How to move DEV to Quality.?

2. is there any way to create report from GUI.?

Answers (0)