cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF file size with new crystal is 3 times heavier than the crystal 8.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have migrated our application from crystal 8.5 to crystal 2013 using RAS API. When we export the data in pdf format using crystal 2013, the pdf file size is 3 times as compared to same data exported in pdf using crystal 8.5.

Is it the expected behavior? With the increase in file size, the attachments size has increased too much which may raise a concern for our clients.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

As of CR 9 we now fully support UNICODE characters so the file size did increase in size due to the doubling of the character encoding.

Normal behavour.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if the suggestion in this KBA will help:

1241630 - Exporting a Crystal report (XI) to PDF generates a big PDF file

Now, a question is; what is the actual version of CR you are using? The reg key noted in the above KBA will change depending on the version. CR 2013 (v. 14.1.x) does not install and SDK, but this post being made in SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio, makes me wonder if you mean "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET" (v. 13.0.x) ??

Assuming it is v. 13.0.x, the key would be:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf

Note 1: more than likely "Export\Pdf' will nto be in the registry so you will have to create those folders.

Note 2: I have never used this suggested solution so I am not sure if it will work, or what other impacts it may have. E.g.; read the CAUTION in the KBA.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek, thanks for your reply.

I have crystal 13 installed, and the path i have in my system is this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\Export\Pdf.

As suggested in the link, I created the Export\Pdf part- along with the new DWORD, but it did not help to decrease the size of report created.

Is there any other way to address this issue..?

-Ujwal

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, what happens if you do the following exports:

1) From the CR designer in the VS IDE

2) From SAP CR 2013 stand-alone designer?

CR 2013 eval can be downloaded from here:

SME Free Trials | SME Software | SAP

- Ludek