cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem regional formats setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in my Dashboard I am using the SDK KPI Tile to show some values (but this problem occurs in others components too).

In the initial view of my datasource I selected scaling factor 1,000.

The KPI Tile should display the value 300 000 as 300 T€.

Unfortunately this does not work when windows setting for format and region is set to German.

Design Studio seems not to be able to handle the german region setting correctly.

For a better understanding:

Point and comma as decimal separator are switched in German.

For example: 1 000 Euro and 50 Cent

English: 1,000.50 EUR

German: 1.000,50 EUR

The display of values with scaling factor in the initial view is different from the design view or browser execution.

In the initial view the display is correct (no difference for German or English Windows format settings):

The same dashboard with the same settings in the design view:

This is how it should look like in the browser (Windows set to English):

On a German Windows the dashboard looks like this:

Switching the Windows region settings to English is a workaround but not possible for every German customer as this has unwanted affects in many other cases.

Maybe someone has an idea to solve this issue?

Thanks

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, can you please post the script you use for filling in the value in the KPI Tile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using no script, I just selected a single data cell to display:

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

maybe I found a reason for that problem:

It seems that it only accurs with the SDK KPI Tile.

When using the same DS in a crosstab the scaling factors are shown in a correct manner.

Steffen

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

hmm, I am afraid, this is a bug in this KPI Tile sample - this is at the end only a sample, not a delivered component. what you can do is - switch to the "manual" version, just remove the DS, copy out the selection and set the value by setValue() method, picking it up from data source by getData() method. there you can find formated string which should concider the scaling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

thanks for the answer but I can't figure out how to do this.

I removed the Data Binding for the KPI_Tile (DS and Data Value) - ok.

Then you said I should use the set value method.

I tried to do this in the Startup script but in there is no "setValue()" in the scipting help:

Regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

My workaround is this:

In the Startup Skript I added the following code

The result is only a text which displays the value ( but it seems like this text has the correct formatting and scaling factor).

I still have no idea how to connect this Value with the  "value" from the KPI_Tile.

One of the great features and reason for the use of the KPI_Tile was the simple selection of a specific data cell to display which is now untenable.

Regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I now figured out another solution/workaround.

I checked the code of the KPI_Tile component.

In kpitile.js the last lines deal with the format setting of the value.

There I switched the point and comma as you can see in screenshot below.

Now it seems to work, bur I think there should be a smarter solution as this is now fixed to the German setting, altough it should check and use the locale setting or am I wrong?

(Unfortunately I am no Javascript expert).

In Design Studio it looks like this:

Steffen

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen, the problem is - this is a "sample" component for demonstration of SDK w/o any support. In addition this is coded on the DIV-type (non UI5). you can of course correct it on your own and recompile. I will check if it is feasible to create similar component based on UI - and then I can include it in my package.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol,

it would be great if you were able to create such a component!

The package of your sdk's was already very good but this would enhance it further.

I know that the sdk's delivered by SAP are just samples to deliver new ideas and to show what is possible and I can modify them to serve my needs.

Based on my very limited knowledge of JAVA I thought these last lines should cause a check of the language settings and then use the appropriate setting stored in the  " sap.common.globalization.NumericFormatManager".

But this does not work for my case, so I actually have no idea how to add such a check within the code to enhance this sample sdk.

As the language settings work for tables and other components there must be a way to add this to the KPI tile, too.

For the future usage of this component it is questionable to hard code the decimal separators as they now are only correct for the German language.

As long as this "basic" function does not work properly I have to decide whether a greater modification of this nice component makes sense for me or not.

For the moment I can use this, but if a customer wants the dashboard in English, I have to re-design and re-install the sdk. Not a very smart solution but it does the job in the absence of a multi-language-capable component.

Regards

Steffen

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

please check the component KPI View in my package. I have recreated the KPI Tile in SAPUI5, some functions are not available here - but the visualization is same.

in case something important is missing, I check if this is doable.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

thanks for that!

Unfortunately I cannot use this at the moment.

I just installed your Sdks but some won't work (unfortunately kpi view component is one of them).

When dragging them to the design screen it gets black and shows the loading item which will not dissappear.

Your "Basic Components" work without any issue but all the others show the same error.

Did I miss something, maybe some prerequisite that I should have installed additionally or beforehand?

Maybe this error message helps?

I have no idea.

Best regards

Steffen

PS: I have installed:

SAP BusinessObjects Design Studio

Release 1.3 SP1 (Version: 13.1.0.201407221049)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

really strange. I do not see any change in code whoch can cause this - I need some time to investigate. at least, I can see this also in my SP1 env. I will update you.

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I have corrected this. Still I do not understand why the code for script path stopped working, but now all components are rewritten to different procedure and it does work.

please check again, the ZIP of version 1.0.9 is updated (you can simple update).

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol!

Great work!!

Now it works flawless.

That solved my problem and your additional components are great, too!

Best regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

last week I installed your new versions anbd used it in local mode without any problems.

Today I wanted to install them on the Netweaver Portal Server but unfortunately I get an error message:

I tried to install like the other components. In Design Studio -> Tools -> Platform Extensions -> Install

I do not know if this is a problem of the downloaded zip-file or if there is a problem with my A

application or the server.

Maybe you (or someone else) has an idea about the reason or a hint how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Steffen

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

have you ever installed already some SDK on the platform?

This looks more like issue in infrastructure, not in the package - the exception is Connectivity, so the connection cannot be setup. I will check if we has seen something like this before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol,

yes I installed other extensions, e.g.  the original KPI_Tile or Super_Image from Mike Howles.

For testing I deinstalled and reinstalled them without any problem.

Regards

Steffen

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

this was indeed my fault - the "unpack flag was checked - then the etension cannot be found.

I have corrected and uploaded corrected version:

Release Fix for "Upload to BIP Issue" (unpack flag) + Tree Component (preview) · K...

Important: you have to install also the Common ZTL Constants and Objects as there are some arrays defined which are used in other components.

Please make a try now.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol!

Sounds reasonable. I will make a try.

Regards

Steffen

Answers (0)