cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Import the Enterprise Portal EAR files in Track.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I developing Portal components in local development system (NWDS).Now i need to move into track (NWDI).I checked but i am not getting any option to  move that. I try to create Enterprise Portal component.But that is in disable mode and gray out color( Portal Application Standalone - Error displaying-Software component does not support this development component type. Required DCs are located in an SC that is not visible from the selected one.).what i can do.

My server version is 7.4 and NWDS tool version is NWDS7.3 SP12

Please share the information.

Thank for Advance,

Thanks,

Durga Rao.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you for all,

Landscape Configurator->Track data->Developed Software Components->Mycomp. We missed the Dependencies. We added Dependencies after it is working.

BR,

Durga Rao

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Durga,

We have NW 7.4 SP05 Portal and NWDI 7.4 and from my developer studio we can see the local DCs (see below). I want to develop a web service and a java application and deploy it in the portal.

How do I go about creating a web service? Can you please point me to some blog or how-to guide.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the nwds looks like 7.0 version.

asif_rahmetulla
Participant
0 Kudos

Durga,

Thanks! This got me started!

Regards,

Asif

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the track is not configured properly. the sc required for portal development is not there, i think. ask basis to fix it.

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

Thank for your reply,

I Checked this note 1572743 - Required SCs for Specific Type of Development in 7.31 Track and 7.40 Track.

• You would like to use EP Portal or HTMLB stanalone. In this case FRAMEWORK-EXT and EP-BASIS should be included in the development configuration. Refer to SAP note 1862339.

So we need to apply this note or not.Please tell me.

Thanks,

Durga Rao

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please tell me required SCs how to import in track any manual process is avaliable or not.

Please give step by step process.

Thanks,
Durga Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Please follow the NWDI cookbook for defining and adding the dependent SCs to the software unit and it will automatically appear once you update the CMS.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

BR,

Anurag

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Please give step by step process.I am not a basis. i need to import my portal component in track.

Thanks,

Durga Rao

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I am import the required SCA files to fill the CBS buildspace.I am getting this Error

Import Queue for Development System  UNLOCKED  (Failed: 1 | Running: 0 |  Waiting: 0)

Thanks,

Durga Rao

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in cms (transport studio -- development tab), select the SCA where you can see that the import failed, and click on the "Details..." button to see what is the problem exactly.

Regards,

Ervin

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin,

Thank you for your reply

20140916135935 Info   :Starting Step Repository-import at 2014-09-16 13:59:35.0576 +5 0

20140916135935 Info   :Component ap.com/EP_BUILDT

20140916135935 Info   :Version  :SAP AG.20140410211600

20140916135935 Info   :1. propagation request is of type TCSSoftwareComponent

20140916135935 Fatal  :import failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive

20140916135935 Info   :Step Repository-import ended with result 'fatal error' ,stopping execution at

2014-09-16 13:59:35.0577 +5 0

In the check-In tab we clicked Configure Check In and gave the above path /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in

and pasted the sca file in this path , which was shown in the table , and selecting this we clicked Check-In button and in the development tab on selecting this component in the table  and click of import we are getting the above error.

Please help us to resolve this error .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

Please go through the detailed explanation about the root cause of this issue and the solution explained by Ervin in the thread below:

As explained by him, if the SCA does not have SOURCEARCHIVES and if you've set "Developed" flag for that SC in the Track, it will throw an error as the flag import expects sources, but they are physically not available in the SC file.

BR,

Anurag

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

We did all configuration in track and imported required SCs. But the Enterprise Portal Option is in disabled Mode. Please help.

BR,

Durga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

This type of issue comes when all the DCs which are required for that particular DC Type are not accessible at build time and/or design time.

Please go through the below SAP Notes that addresses this issue:

1536755 - DC type is grayed out. What can be done?

1584553 - Cannot create DC project due to DC types being grayed out in NWDS DC project creation wiza...

BR,

Anurag

Message was edited by: Anurag Gwari

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

We imported the following SC in track

Enterprise Portal (EP):

COMP_BUILDT

ECM-CORE

ENGFACADE

ENGINEAPI

EP_BUILDT

EP-BASIS

EP-BASIS-API

EP-RUNTIME

FRAMEWORK

SAP_BUILDT

WDEXTENSIONS

WD-RUNTIME

WD-RUNTIME-EXT

But still it is Netweaver Developer Studio (NWDS) while trying to create a project for certain desired DC (Development Component) type which is grayed out(Enterprise Portal (EP)).

here any SC missing tell me.

My portal version is 7.4 and NWDS tool version is NWDS7.31 SP12

we are used SC version is 7.31 SP12 but server is 7.4 we need to use 7.4 SC..?

Please tell what version we need to use.

BR,

Durga Rao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

No, I don't see any required SC which is missing in your list of SCs.

Were the SCs checked in & imported successfully in Development compartment.

Can you see them in the track after importing the development configurations into NWDS.

BR,

Anurag

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

Please find the attached screen shot for i am getting the error. Please help

BR,

Durga Rao.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i think you have to use sc version 7.4

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

We used Required SC version 7.4 .But After that ,Netweaver Developer Studio (NWDS) while trying to create a project for certain desired All DC (Development Components) types are grayed out. Please help.

BR,

Durga Rao