cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to encrypt password in sap syclo workmanager ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All , I have installed sap syclo work manager 6.0 . By default first time its encrypted mode but when do encode as false then again i can see my password . But What is standard way to apply encryption in SAP Syclo Work Manager ? Thanks & Regards,   Kunal Varaiya

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby (but please start doing this on your own)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Assuming your referring to  service user and push user in JavaBE file.  it is always recommended  to encrypt your password.  Even though it is possible to  enter password manually in JavaBE  by setting encode to false.  Regenerate JavBE file  and overwrite existing file  through installer  to have password encrypted.

Thanks

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manju , How to regenerate Java.BE file or apply encryption standard way . Because i was doing manually with Java BE file encode to true or false . As per my knowledge if encode true then its in encryption mode and false then password is visible . Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Open CMD, go to the server folder and execute the following command: encryptPW.exe JavaBe.ini [SERVICE_LOGON/PUSH_LOGON] UPASSWORD [thePassword]

After that check the end of your JavaBE.ini file. It should contain the login data with the password encoded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marcal , I have tried steps provided by you but its not working for me . Example : UID  = ABC UPASSWORD = ABC UPASSWORDENCODED=false SERVERSERIALNUM = 1234567 I have given below things and run encryptPW.exe inside server folder but it looks like its not working for me . Because after running encryptPW.exe command still i can see same password in JAVA.BE files . Can you please suggest more on it ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to encrypt for instance the service logon user password you should execute the following:

encryptPW.exe JavaBE.ini SERVICE_LOGON UPASSWORD ABC

i834235
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kunal,

if encrypt command doesn't work alternatively you can re-run .exe WM 6.0 installer which generates application definitions, Agentry.ini, JavaBE.ini with encypted password. Just copy required JavaBE.ini file or overwrite existing definitions in the target folder.

Thanks,

Manju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do you see the password, when you login into the client or else where?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Stephen , Inside Agentry Server with Java.BE files . My question was if i want to apply encryption mode then how can we apply . Because as per my knowledge through encode true inside JAVA.BE its possible. But is there any other way we can do that or apply encryption mode ? Thanks & Regards, Kunal Varaiya