cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create geographic charts with Lumira connected to SAP HANA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I'm testing SAP Lumira and I want to make geographic charts with data from SAP HANA. This is possible when I use data from a local Excel-file. But not when I use data from SAP HANA. I was told it should work after installing Service Pack 8. But it still doesn't work. Maybe we have to turn something on, change a configuration file. Maybe it has to do with SAP Lumira, not with SAP HANA. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here are some technical details:

SAP HANA Version: 1.00.81.00.392776 (NewDB100_REL).

SAP Lumira Version: 1.19.0 (build 1099) (latest version).

SAP HANA Studio Version: 1.00.81.0.

Windows Version: Windows 7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1.

Kind regards, Robbert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert,

Can you please send a screenshot of the geo hierarchy creation? Can you create it based on the names? Please refer to user guide here for more explanation on the process of geo hiearchy creation: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/vi01/en/lum_119_user_en.pdf, P.71.

Thanks

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine

At paragraph 3.2.2 on page 73 it says:

Creating geography hierarchies with latitude and longitude data is not currently supported for SAP HANA data sources.

I think this explains everything. Well, almost everything. I created geographic charts with Lumira while connected with Excel or a csv-file. The question now is, am I waiting for an update of SAP Lumira or an update of SAP HANA? Or both?

Kind regards, Robbert

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes but what about names? do you have geo names in your hana box?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine

I am not  sure I understand your question. Do you wish to know wether I have something like:

<COUNTRY> <STATE> <NAME>? Or do you mean places of cities? I know SAP Lumira is capable of creating a geographic hierarchy using  the names of cities. But only if those are cities in the US and with over a 100,000 inhabitants. Unfortunately I only have cities in The Netherlands, usualy with sub 100k inhabitants.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards, Robbert

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes this answers. I would suggest you search the Lumira idea place community to either vote on existing ideas related to your question or create a new idea. See SAP Lumira: Home

Kind regards, Antoine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antoine

I am glad I could help you help me I visited followed your link and a quick search resulted in four hits. None of them exactly what I want. I will look a deeper and if I still can't find an existing idea, I will post my own. Thanks.

Kind regards, Robbert

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get any further in the end? I'm stuck on exactly the same issue.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Espen

I switched to Tableau.

Good luck, Robbert

vincentdechandon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robbert.

Have you tried the Galigeo for Lumira extension, made by an SAP partner?

It can takes several layers as a hierarchy even if you did not defined it as geographical hierarchy in Lumira.

It also enables you to drill-down into your hierarchy layers out of the box, or even to import and use your own data.

More details there.

Br,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Espen

I haven't tried it yet. I might as soon as I have some time to  spend.

Thank you for your suggestion, Robbert