cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Renewel: Updating infotype using FPM based Process and form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to process and forms and I need to create a form having few fields to be entered by user and after clicking save button, it should save the record in the time infotype.

I have created the form and process and  but i am not able to figure out the place where I can place the custom code for SAVE buttom.

I have created the User-event and field group but I am not sure how I can access these fields and where to write code for SAVE event.

Kindly share the steps or blogs which can help me to understand the FPM process and form.

Thanks,

Shilpa.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to have a save button?

The HCM P&F frameworks allows for data save in 2 ways:

1. No workflow approval , direct save to the database infotypes. For this you would have to specify

Send Variant as 'A' - write to application database in hrasr_dt -> process ->Settings for start step.

2. When workflow is involved , you control when data is saved to the infotypes by using the binding element send_variation ( refer here ... Standard Task TS33700021: Process Form (Web Dynpro) - HR Administrative Services (PA-AS) - SAP Libra... )

In this case at hrasr_dt -> process ->Settings for start step - you will not use the option A.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir,

Thanks for your help!!!

I dont have any workflow senario.

so can you please elaborate on point number 1, direct save to database.

Thanks,

Shilpa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It would be helpful if you can share any document or link.

Thanks,

Shilpa.

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through the blog by here .

In this blog, you will find the screen shot for send variant under section -

"WHEN:

Validity Period/Dates"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahir,

Many Thanks for your reply.

I am new to process and form , can you please guide on what standard buttons are available and what is their functionality.

Also I am not able to run the process.

My requirement is to save data in  infotype 2003 , after user enters few fields, we need kind of PA30 functionality.

I would be greatful if I can get some step by step blog/document which can help me create the FPM based process and form for updating the infotype.

Thanks,

Shilpa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have created form in WDA or Adobe form ??

In WDA FPM application : then you can create a button while configuring it in FPM and assign an event to this button.

Now to write code in for the button , you will have to catch the event and write the code in the Component Controller in PROCESS_EVENT( ) .

refer this link

If you are creating everything in the view and then simply using it as FPM then refer this link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507b2811-652a-2f10-be94-96b4bf386...

Regards

Vaibhav Juneja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply.

I am not using WD component, I have used FPM process and form .

Tcode HRASR_DT

Thanks,

Shilpa.