cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave Request on Behalf of employee is not working in MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I configured Leave Request on behalf of employee application in MSS Employee_Menu launchpad.

When Manager selects an employee in MSS Home Page and creates a leave request, it is only creating leave request for the login user, but not for the employee selected.

I have the following config in MSS Employee_Menu launchpad:

webDynpro application: HRESS_A_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_APPL

Application Alias:      CREATE_LEAVE_REQUEST

Target parameters:  LRF_SKIP_OVERVIEW_PAGE=X&PERNR_MEM_ID&SUBST_CLASSIFICATION=NO_CLASS

Config ID:                 HRESS_AC_PTARQ_LEAVREQ_1

The same configuration I tried for HR Admin role (HRPAO -> Actions). It's the same problem there also. It's only picking the login user rather than employee selected by HR Admin.

Please advice.

Thanks

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the BADI implementation HRMSS_MOD_BUS_PARAMS_P_MEM_ID.

Employee number will be passed from this badi. Debug the badi.

Regards,

Jyothi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothy,

I debugged the BADI implementation HRMSS_MOD_BUS_PARAMS_P_MEM_ID.

It is getting triggered and it is returning a memory ID (some random string, which has reference to the Pernr selected).

Even then, the leave request is initiated only for the login user and not the employee selected.

where else, I need to check ?

Thanks

Raghu Kolukuluri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I solved the problem for MSS.

I debugged the Badi HRMSS_MOD_BUS_PARAMS_P_MEM_ID and also CL_HRESS_EMPLOYEE_SERVICES.

The Pernr is actually stored in memory.

However we have a custom implementation of Badi PT_ABS_REQ (to restrict employees from making retro leave requests). In this Badi, we had a code that takes login user's Sy-Uname as employee. I corrected this here and now we are taking the Pernr from memory.

It's working fine.

However I wanted to replicate the same functionality for HR role.

I have added the same webDynpro application (Leave Req on behalf of empoyee) in HRPAO->Actions.

In HR Renewal role, when I search employee,  and create leave request for her, it is not triggering the BADI HRMSS_MOD_BUS_PARAMS_P_MEM_ID.

is there anything I can do to trigger this BADI and set the pernr in memory ?

parag_parikh
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Check SET_PERNR_TO_MEMORY method of the class CL_HRESS_EMPLOYEE_SERVICES. Employee ID is set from this method in memory. Debugging this might help you.

I am away from SAP system right now but once I log  in to system I will check configuration again to see if I see a mismatch with your configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu ,

Please let me know , whether its a standard or custom one which you are using?

If its a standard one, i believe configuration side there might be a error.

In case if its a custom one, then you can check with your webdynpro consultant for debugging.

Regards

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Balaji,

It's a standard leave request on behalf of application.

What configuration I am missing ?

Thanks

Raghu