cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Exeperts,

I am picking material against a outbound delivery and system is proposing bin on the basis of sorting bins alpha wise. (First bin it is suggesting D and later E)I have stock of  same material in single bulk storage type with FIFO removal with same batch, same SLED, same GR date and same last movement date with different quant numbers...  While creating TO against OBD, it is picking storage bin sequesnce wise  but not oldest quant wise.

Can you suggest how to change these settings, so that it has pick oldest quant wise from this SU managed bulk storage type...

Regards

S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please supply the data /screenshot (e.g. Storage type configuration detail, stock with quant detail and TO detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Please find the details, while creating TO, system picking the below bin DA053, but it has to pick quant 313811 or bin EF361...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have a user exit for stock removal active, all your logic has to be in the user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay... But as per SAP standards in case of bulk storage, picking will happen on the basis of oldest quant or SU?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In standard yes, but with a user exit the picking will be done according to the coding in the user exit. Without seeing this code nobody can know how it is done in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed the user exit tick and checked, but still system is picking the same bin...

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why shouldn't it? It is alphabetically the first bin, and all GR dates in your table are equal.

Are you only looking at the quant number to say it is older? That will not be considered, if you are at the end with a number range, then you assign a new number range and this one can have smaller start number, still it is not an older quant.