Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Menu Role and Sub Folders

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

BW 7.3

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement to create menu roles for one particular folder and 4 sub folders.

Can we give access to a set of users for only 2 sub folders. Remaining users should have access to all 4 sub folders

Do we have to create separate menu roles for each sub folder?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Ed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know it is impossible to restrict access for some users on role's folder level.

Regards, Leszek

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Leszek for your reply.

Is there any way that we could configure this requirement, rather than creating 4 folders at the root level.

This is a different line of business altogether and we want to club all the 4 folder under one for clarity.

Thanks

Ed.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would create two roles with folders. The first role with two folders, the second one with four folders.

Then I would assign users to those roles.

I see no other option.

Regards, Leszek 

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ed,

What you can do is creating two single roles one for two folders and the other for the remaining folders. Then you can add the users that will see all of the folders to the two roles. In the future you may require different scenarios. Generally we create a role for each subject and combine them in another composite role for the users that will see both.

It is better to keep one folder in only one role, if you duplicate the folder to other roles then you have to maintain the two roles each time you make a change in the folder.

Regards

Yasemin...

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for creating the roles for folder not possible my understanding.

but you can create roles for users

go through the above doc you will get the idea.

Thanks,

Phani.

sap_user62
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Phani for your reply.

In our current system, BEx Folders(Menu roles) are created in PFCG.

Once folder is created, all the reports published to the folder.

Users are given access to this role(folder) in the "User" tab. This works good for AR, AP GL and COPA users.

They would not see each other folders.

Now the question comes with a new line of business, which have internal groups too. We want them to have access to the Root folder, but some users will have access to 2 sub folder and some to all the sub folders.

We could create all the four sub folders as folders(menu roles) with grouping them and giving them access as required. ( that could be the last option)

Thanks

Ed.