cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Customer Extension to Other Company Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

How can i stop the users extending a customer master account anymore to new company codes but still continue to use on the company code already extended? Is there a config, Method or Security check?

-Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just an option. a bit painful but possible.

1. create a custom transaction ZXD01 based on your 'old / new customers' logic;

2. remove access to XD01 , VD01,...

3. grant access to the new ZXD01

Former Member
0 Kudos

looking for config soltion if any.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, there is nothing in the standard like that. Authorization check can restrict Sales Org / Company and probably account group but not the specific customer #. (Do run the authorization trace but I believe that's all that's available.) Blocking the customer would block it for the existing company.

If your customer data is maintained by a small group of users, then it could be handled by, say, adding 'do not use' to some field and then simply training the users to do not extend such customers. If this is not acceptable then I'm afraid you'll need to go for a user exit or some other enhancement.

The requirement seems a bit odd though... Maybe if you could elaborate on why exactly it's needed we could suggest something different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jelena,

we created 2000-2999 series customers during SAP implementation. we have moved on to create different no ranges now of 2000000-2999999 on the same acc grp. The old customers are still active though and have activity on them. however as we are going live with new geographies we do not want these customers to be extended to new company codes.

There needs to be a mechanism that will stop users from extending these to new company codes they have not already been extended. but still continue to have activity on the existing Company code

One way of doing this is to change the Acc Grp on these customers and block the acc grp with Auth. but this wont work if there are sales activities on a customer

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification. I did some more search but really don't see any other alternative than a user exit to restrict that by customer # or even range while keeping them in use. If you google 'user exit customer master' there will be many SCN posts for sure.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the enhancement SAPMF02D. Use your range for customer and avoid the users add these customer to new records in KNB1. Check also the relations of sales org.levels and companies.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo, but am not looking for a ABAP solution. I understand we can do with user-exit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is give authorization of only VD01 instead of XD01.  The other option is you can try with the following authorization object

• F_KNA1_BUK Customer: Authorization for Company Codes

where your Security team can prevent a particular Company Code.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

none of these solve the problem.

Users should continue to have access to extend to new compnay codes for other customers

-Deepak

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry your post has totally confusing.  Let me assume, you have

• Company Code 1000
    • Company Code 2000
    • New Company Code 3000

You have an existing customer ABC created in Company Code 1000.  Now is it your requirement such that users can extend this customer to 2000 but not 3000?  If so, let me know on what basis, you would conclude 3000 is a new company code?

G. Lakshmipathi