Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkage between Document type and workflow template in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i'm looking for some insight with workflow for DMS:

I've two document types. Workflow is set to trigger, as the status of document is changed.

Two different worklfow templates get triggered for these two document types. Please check the attachment.

e.g. As shown below, document type CNO has Worklfow template WS91500064 triggered, while document type EDR has Worklfow template WS91500067 triggered.

I'm looking for the link between a document type and workflow template. I mean, question is why WS91500067 for EDR and WS91500064 for CNO.

My guess is something in document type defination/configuration is the difference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yatin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin,

You can check for Two more possibilities

1. Check the 'Basic data' of your Workflow in SWDD and check if any condition is activated for the Workflow template  as shown below

2. Goto Transaction DC10,

- select your Document Type and navigate to 'Define Document Status'

- double click on each status and check if there any WF Template ID maintained for any status

Cheers!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yatin

For every workflow step there are two Id's created called as workflow ID & Task ID. Both these ID's have unique number.

You can check this ID's numbers & its status'es in SWI6 with DMS number or in SWI5 with SAP User ID.

Thanks

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can check both the workflows in SWDD or in SWDL/PFTC. you will easily get the difference either by structure or calling event.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You check in SPRO--->Cross-Application Components---> Document Management ---> Document distribution ----> General Settings ----> SAP Business workflow ---> verify workflow customizing

Regards,

Saravana