Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX - Service Request search

sonum_aucharuz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to use TREX on my project.  Could you please help me implement these requirements:

1. I need to add the « Free text » search criteria in the search view of component SRQM_INCIDENT_H.  This view is used to perform searches on the Service Request object (BUS2000223).
  2. The “Free text” search criteria should search within attachments linked to a Service Request.
  3. I came across these 2 terms on several websites on TREX : “SES : SAP Netweaver Enterprise Search or Embedded Search” and “SAF : Software Agent Framework”. What is the difference between them?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sonum,

for 1) I would suggest that you first try to get the Service Requests full text indexed based on the SAP standard delivery. The instructions at Enable full text search using TREX (Embedded Search - Enterprise Search) can be helpful. But I've noticed that there where changes on the Embedded Search since CRM 7.0 EhP2. After you have the search working look for the BAdI that should be available to enhance the search with a custom field and then use the methods used in the test report ESH_TEST_SEARCH or better go via the BOL object of the Embedded Search.

for 2) check out the improvement  Integrate the CRM attachment with the CRM embedded search which was developed by SAP on request of customers via the Customer Connection process.

for 3) please check out the standard documentation Embedded Search - Search - SAP Library. As I haven't worked with SAF I can't say anything about it.

Best regards

Gregor