cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scenario for Matching description of key figures in sap dashboard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus:

I have a scenario where I have to show plan and actual data of sales against each brand. I am having different queries for plan and actual data. The problem; I am having a plan of Six brands for sales A,B,C,D,E,F while we produce 5 brands A,C,D,E,F or vice versa and against these brands we have differentiation of Local and Export.e.g.

ACTUAL                                                                                                     

A          LOCAL                                                                    

A          EXPORT

B          LOCAL

B          EXPORT

C          LOCAL

C          EXPORT

D          LOCAL

D          EXPORT

E          LOCAL

E          EXPORT

F          LOCAL

F          EXPORT

PLAN

A          LOCAL

A          EXPORT

C          LOCAL

C          EXPORT

D          LOCAL

D          EXPORT

E          LOCAL

E          EXPORT

F          EXPORT

How can I have a correct figure of plan against actual figure in my table as I am using different queries for plan and actual. As I try Vlookup is not showing me correct results. Your help and suggestions appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all:

Resolved myself at IDT level, now using same query to fetch data of Actual and Plan.

Best Regards:

Jawad.K.Sheikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I too did for you.

Plz have a look. change txt to xlf

Regards,

Yash

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

arvind_shukla4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jawad, Its can be easily by using webi report.After that you can consume this data in SAP Dashboards. You you are interested in this approach , Then I will explain in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

If the sales are only for 6 brands you can do by reference cells. further i would like to connect via TeamViewer if u agree.

Thanks

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash:

Yes it varies month to month maximum 10 brands up to dividing it to local sales and export sales makes it 20 rows to match. Kindly elaborate or give example of achieving this using reference cells.

Former Member
0 Kudos
abcdefghijklm

planactualUsingReference
2sale1local100sale1local15localPlanActual
3sale1export50sale1export50sale1=c2=f2
4sale2local50sale3local20sale2=c4
5sale2export100sale3export30sale3=c6=f4
6sale3local50
7sale3export100

Similarly you can make a same table for Export.

this may work you have to get the data exactly in excel. for this you may use comboboxes at backend with default label such as local and export and that may give correct columns for you to map.

if this varies according to month then you can use vlookup after using combobox.

Thanks & Regards,

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YASH:

Problem is my data is not fixed....it uses time (month,year) prompt....so the brands cells are not fixed. In your case you have fixed that location for each brand. It will not work in my scenario as it is dynamic. But still thanks for your effort and time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YASH:

Or you can attach a sample .txt file of dashboard to further understand me using combos at backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have any idea for uploading txt !   if you have a teamviewer we can give a try !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yash:

I have restrictions here for team viewer but you will just have to change your dashboard file extension to .txt from .xlf at the end and upload here. when i download your file I will again change the file extension to .xlf  that is how it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please give me your excel data for any time period !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YASH:

That's my sample file. But remember it is dynamic for each month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am giving it a try, please wait for few minutes !

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your source ? if its BW then you can create a multi-provider on top of this data marts which provide this query and then you can create a single bex query on this (or) take both the query's to webi report and do the merge dimensions to the A,B,C,D,E,F and then create a single report for the dashboard.

Though you may have a possibility in doing this using excel formula, i can't guarantee how much dynamic this would be, i would suggest you to go by the above steps.

Hope this helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman:

My source is IDT and I am having months and year prompts....so plan and actual brands vary for each month.....Guide me with some excel formula or some thing I can do at IDT query levet.

Thanks

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why can't you take this to webi report ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I have done quite enough work in this dashboard uptill now so I don't want to waste my effort....secondly I haven't worked much on webe tool, need to explore that tool in future. For the time being is there a way out .