Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in populating dynamic values in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing some serious alignment issue while populating dynamic values in smartform.

Through table, I am populating  dynamic values in smart form. If my internal table contains 20 records , first 10 records are populating in first page and remaining records are populating in next page properly. But here issue is whenever that first 10 records are populated in first page system automatically leaves empty row at the end of page. Ideally it should not happen. please tell me how to solve this issue.

thanks

Karthik

20 REPLIES 20

prakashjasti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

You have the options like condition in smartforms for not printing the empty lines.

Regards,

Prakash.

Prakash J

0 Kudos

HI Jasti,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please say me the steps how to put conditions in order to avoid empty lines in smartforms.

Thanks

Karthik

former_member196157
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hiiiiiiiiiii,

Mimimize the size of Main Window ......................

former_member249399
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please check any empty line in Internal table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adjust the Main window little bit smaller

Thanks,

Kalyan.

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I even tried by reducing the main window, but still problem exists.

Thanks

Karthik

0 Kudos

HI,

Please remove the Mian Window border.

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is too much guesswork involved to formulate a proper suggestion without knowing exactly what and how you have done in the form - can you download and attach the smartform or try to show using screenshots please?

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

Thanks for your reply.

Since its a client specific, I cant upload the smart form. Could you please provide your personal email id , so that i can forward the same.

Thanks

Karthik

pavanm592
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

just a guess,check if you have maintained any line type in table footer.Once check.

And one more thing can tell us how your filling the table data dynamically.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pavan,

I have not maintained any line type in footer. And also i am passing table data from driver .

myprogram.

Thanks

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi karthik,

Check in table footer that line type 1 is included or not.

You can try this way and check.

Create a folder under main window and include the table inside the folder and select the page protection in Output Option of right panel of Folder.

Also check this Points:

1. Does You internal table has empty rows

2. Confirm whether the empty line which is printing doesn't have any continued text printed in next page with out boxes

Regards,

Pavan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try these one by one, so you know which one was it, in case it helps:

- uncheck both checkboxes for table footer if you don't need one and they weren't unchecked yet;

- set the footer height to 0.01 TW (it shouldn't matter, but one never knows...);

- if there is no value set yet, set the minimum table height to 1 LN in details

Is the table node within a loop? Does the line type have protect flag set?

cheers

Jānis

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Janis,

I followed each and every step mentioned by you separately by commenting each and every data, still empty lines are occuring.

I am not able to get your last point(Is the table node within a loop? Does the line type have protect flag set?), could you please explain me this detail.

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

thanks for your reply.

Already i have placed my table inside the folder only. When i Checked the Page protection option in right panel of Folder. its in greyed out state.

In debugging, i have checked and found that there is no empty rows present in my internal table.

Same kind of issue I am facing in another form as well.

Thanks

Karthik

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering how are the bold lines output, if you only have one line type... is the Table node executed multiple times under the loop node, where the bold text is implemented as separate text node..? It should IMO actually not affect the output of the table in any negative way if it's done so - just curious

With the "protect" I meant this baby:

You could also try to download and attach only the (upper) node involved in the output of table instead of whole form, if there is something in the form that should not be seen publicly...

cheers

Janis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

Thanks for your help.

When i checked the page break icon table, my empty row issue is solved in all smartforms as well.

thanks a lot. I am closing this thread now. P

@all. Thanks for your valuable help for making me to solve this problem

Thanks

Karthik

aarif_baig
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Please check your code, i believe you are populating this data thru internal table check the data in internal table, the loop has some problem because of which it is creating extra  line item with no values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Try Giving a condition in the main area of the table for that field as say:
wa_skin-field1  NE space.

I had faced similar problem , but reduicing the window size worked for me.

Regards,
Giri

s_nnoorie
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

1. Are you using Templates in smartforms?if so, check your template for extra line.

2. Beside that an empty line might be in your internal table. delete the empty line

before passing it to internal table.

3. give condition to restrict printing empty line.

Hope this is helpful.