cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Authentication and WAN access

0 Kudos

Hi all,

We currently have SUP, Afaria and Relay servers on our environment.

We want to implement SAP Fiori but we have not found much information/documentation on how devices connect from the internet to Fiori.

We have the understanding of the installation and configuration for Fiori and the backend(ECC) but we are still puzzled on how we can get devices to communicate with Fiori server.

Our goal is to have SSO for Fiori (See below: Ref: Security aspects of SAP Fiori (Authentication, SSO, etc.))

We have seen some Architectural diagrams that mension using a Web Dispatcher in the DMZ but we wanted to try reuse existing mobile platfrom resources such as the Afaria and Relay server.

Is it possible to use the Afaria as the MDM and Relay server as a reverse proxy for a NetWeaver stack (Fiori)?

Thank you in advance

Keo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use Apache reverse proxy or SAP web dispatcher to use Fiori. More details:Apache as Reverse Proxy for Fiori Applications | SCN

Fiori applications are not supported with relay server.

Regards, Midhun

SAP Technology RIG

0 Kudos

Thanks Midhum,

I ended up doing some further research and found that only two options available:

1. Apache Web Server(as you have mentioned)
  2. and WebDispatcher.

We have opted for a WebDispatcher as it is fully supported by SAP.

Regards

Keo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Keorapetse,

I am very interested in the presentation to which you refer in your post, however on slideshare it's blocked now.

Do you have a local copy of it? If so, could you share it?

Thank you in advance,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Unfortunatly I do not have a local copy.

Kind of sad that its now not accessible anymore.

There is however SAP documentation on the different components. Not the whole solution but the material is helpful enough for putting them together.

Kind regards

Keo