cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Comments Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using BPC 7.5 sp04, We are using standard COPY package to copy data from source category to target category with in application, we

noticed the comments associated with data in source category didn't get copied in target category.

Do we need to run a separate package to copy comments from source to target category and if that the case then which package it is?

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

the copy package copy only data from fact tables, the comments have their own table and there aren't standard package (just a clear comment) so you have to build a custom package for the copy (stored procedure).

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for your response, I am trying to create a SSIS package which will call the stored procedure to copy the comments from one category to another for selected time periods.

For this I am trying to use "SELECTINPUT" instruction to have the user prompt for selecting source category and target category, source timeId and target timeId. I have used 4 SELECTINPUT prompts but only the first one gets displayed while running the package.

Is there any constraint that we can use only one SELECTINPUT instruction in one script.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,
if you know the categories you can use the *INFO instruction to set your value.

As I know there isn't a constraint for SELECTINPUT, can you please share your instructions?

They should be like

PROMPT(SELECTINPUT,%SOURCECATEGORY%,,"Enter Source Category","%CATEGORY_DIM%")

PROMPT(SELECTINPUT,%TARGETCATEGORY%,,"Enter Target Category","%CATEGORY_DIM%")

also with more then one dim should be possible

PROMPT(SELECTINPUT,,,"Please enter Category and Time",%CATEGORY_DIM%%TIME_DIM%)

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Please find the Modify Script variable text below:

DEBUG(ON)

PROMPT(SELECTINPUT,%SOURCECATEGORY%,,"Enter Source Category","%CATEGORY_DIM%")

PROMPT(SELECTINPUT,%TARGETCATEGORY%,,"Enter Target Category","%CATEGORY_DIM%")

'SET GLOBAL VARIABLES

'----------------------------------------------------------------

GLOBAL(SOURCECATTIM,%SOURCECATEGORY%)

GLOBAL(TARGETCATTIM,%TARGETCATEGORY%)

With above instruction If I execute the package It only shows the window with "Enter Source Category" option and doesn't show the "Enter Target Category" even If I click on Next button.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Answers (0)