Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INBOX for ESS?

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

is there any possibility to show IBO_WDA_INBOX  work items in ESS. i have a requirement to show Work Items in my ess menu. I added this WebDyn app and its configuration in my ess menu but when i click on items for approval it returns following error:

is it any way to show WORK ITEMS for ess?

regards,

ALI.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Are you using a Portal or NWBC?

Cheers, Lukas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

which workitems you are referring to? You need to show? MSS_WL will be called from MSS side you need configure as per ESS then Check Sagar Gadres blog in ESS as such we do have inbox.

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Nwbc.

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

I need to give ESS users access to UWL inbox and allow them to see HCM Processes and forms (interactive forms) as approver.

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jwala

thank you for your reply, as a matter of fact i have read many of these blogs, but problem is i am looking for a way to configure POWL Inbox for ESS.

some people recommend to give employee a specific role to access MSS menu and then customize it for employees to show few menu, this is true and works fine But in that scenario employees sees 2 menu in nwbc (ESS and MSS) menu.

Is it possible to show POWL Inbox in ESS menu?

Regards,

ALI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually we give access POWL only for managers not to Employees in ESS menu .......

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

so, any idea how can i allow employee to see HCM Processes?

Regards,

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you need to assign POWL inbox from MSS to ESS role ie merge these two roles and remove unwanted MSS applications from this new merged ESS role This is what many customers do!! Employee can himself can access the inbox, or can check the proceses via status overview or process browser too, you can allow these to the employees as well per standard HR admin and manager have integrated roles with inbox, for employees, we can add it while reusing the role of MSS or HR admin (HR professional in Hr renewal)

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

You are, i was trying to avoid creating a new menu tab (like Manger Self-service) and combine ESS and MSS menu, but after a lot of challenge i found POWL INBOX is not gonna work in ess other than i add MSS role to my user which consequently added MSS menu.

At the end i created a new Z copy of MSS and just like what you said customize it for my requirement. It seems like without MSS menu we can not run such application with OBN authorization of MSS. This is not what i claim for testing purpose i added MSS role to my user and just hide it from NWBC but again in ESS menu i was able to access inbox but when i click on HCM links i received same error message.

Case closed by creating a cutome role in PFCG with MSS access.

Thank you all for helpful information.

Regards,

Ali.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

the reason you get error messge is due to the fact you need to do customization of all the new role and add like ESS_WL as we don't have in standard

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Thank you very much for this clarification, would you please provide me a little bit more information about customisation which you have mentioned or give me a link to a blog information. I appreciate it.

Regards,

Ali.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In the sagars blog shared above, you can see the tables etc, and accordingly create them and put them in the table. There are many POWLS related blogs on this check below an example http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/blog/2013/03/20/lets-crowd-source-a-powl-based-universal-worklist-d...

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

thank you very much for your help, as a matter of fact i have little difficulty, i found HR Renewal 1.0 is not installed here and that why i was not able to show process using Process browser and also in Process overview employee can only check the process but can not change form and document.

Regards,

ALI.

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

I have a problem with POWL INBOX, i have created an INBOX based on segar blog, but my problem is there are two type of task in my INBOX workflow and HCM interactive forms , i can access workflow tasks and it shows everything but when i click on interactive form link it is opening ITS form in return an error which thish form is UWL and must open in portal.

How can i access to TWo different task items from one powl?

Regards,

ALI.

Answers (0)