cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Exceeded but no Error message Assign more than allocated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am stuck in a situation where the Error Message BP603 while creating a PO for a wbs at level 2.

IN cj30 , i found out that  Budget = 69500000 and assigned = 69950772

if i create a PO OF even .30 (thirty paisa) the budget exceeded amount = 450772.35, which is actually the diffrecene betweenn assigned and Budgeted values.

Now we are not able to raise any PO

Below is tolerance limit

please key in your valuable inputs.

Regards

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rohit,

In addition to the solution by all, you can reduce the assigned values by deleting the commitments. The commitment values can be checked in TC CJI5. All the PR's and PO's will be displayed here. The PR's and PO's which are no more used or will not have future receivables, can be marked as completed.

This will also reduce your assigned values and it will not be required to supplement budget to project.

There are other reasons why the budget is consumed more than the allocated budget. The simple reasons might be, debit and credit notes, downpayments etc. Hence you need to dig out all reports which can display these reports and reduce assigned values.

Hope this helps to find the root cause for assigned value > allocated budget.

Thanks and regards,

Narender.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Thanx all for their input.

I used ME2J to check all the PO, and found out some OPEN PO's and deleted their line item and thereby reducing the assigned value in cj30 below current budget value.

Further, Made the relevant changed in tolerance limit, making it as error for 100% budget consumption for all tranasaction.

Regards

Rohit

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Assign value is actual cost + commitment.

you can not assign value more then budget value although you have 69500000 as budget then how you assign value 69950772 so check system will not allow to do it so system should produce like budget is shortfall you can not assign this value.

1 way you need to completed budget shortfall by adding shortfall budget amount by cj37.

once you complete it then system allow to create PO for rest of budget amount.

check RPSCO and COSS and COOIP table to actual + commitment against that wbs.

2 way if this is not a thing then reconstruct the project data even avac deactivate and activate then check.

Regards,
Sanjeev

sde1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

There can be an reason for this error if  COST PLANNING has been done done using CJ40 , then it has been copied to budget using CJ30 , BUT at the time of releasing only the budget has been released at the HEADER level WBS using CJ32.

Kindly check if budget has been released at all WBS level as well.

I hope this check will get your issue sorted out.

Regards,

Somya De

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, Thanks for ur input.

@ somya, Yes we have used cost planing cj40 and the release is done at all level as you can see in the snapshot. In the release at level 2 Assigned value = 69950772.35 whereas Budget value in cj30 =69500000. 

Further as an adhoc solution we have supplemented the budget.

I would really appreciate further views on this.

Thanks'

Rohit

sde1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Since in your case Assigned Value is more than Budget Value this shows that Budget Check control in project profile is not active properly.

Please check the same.

Regards,

Somya De

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

In Budget report, Assigned value = Actual + Commitment

If your assigned value is great than Budget, then you will get Budget exceeded error when you try to do any further posting against specific WBS element.

So, you will need to supplement Budget to cover shortfall.

You can also refer following SAP note which shows how assigned value is calculated.

178837 - Availability control: Incorrect assigned value?

There are lot of threads already discussed in this forum for error message you are mentioning.

Please search them.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which project profile and budget profile combination are you using. There are two types of combination in the screenshot.

As for the general rule. If the budget exceeds. We supplement the budget. I.e cj37

Check this report out for better insight on availability control S_alr_87013561

Regards,

Devyani

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer SA_ALR_87013558 report to analyze the WBS and its assigned cost, available budget etc.

Please search more in forum also on it.

Regards

Saurabh

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

the assigned value in the budget is contributed in various factors, PR, PO, FI Postings, Timesheets etc.

As per your tolerance settings it is activated for PR/PO commitment  values, Hence system doesn't check for other posting against budgeted amount.

also check for your exempt cost elements. As suggested by others, you need to increase your budget values to your WBS to allow the PR/PO creation.

Hope it helps

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samar,

You pointed out correctly regarding the factors contributing to Assigned Value.

Apart from PO/PR settings we have maintained for FI direct posting (TR GRP 4) at 100 % percent consumption but only with Warning.

Does that mean by FI direct posting fb60, we can post excess amount as released in budget, since it will give only a warning message.

If true,  then is there any way i can find transaction (s) amounting to excess budget value of 450772.35.

Await your input.

Thanks

Rohit

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Yes you can find out. As you said its only warning you can post more through FI using FB60 or any other transaction. System will not stop you. To check this you can run CJI3 report and see what cost has been posted.

Also in CJ30 you can run Availability Analysis from the Menu bar in Extras if I remember correctly.. dont have system right now.. this can give you insight on what has caused increase in budget.

As far as solution is concerned, you can only do supplements to budgets and keep going or make the FI direct posting from Warning to Error at 100.

Hope it clears your query.

Cheers

Sammar

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a shortfall of the Budget as mentioned in your resposne.

Please supplement the budget and complete the transactions.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please assign person responsible to the wbs element then it will not ask. please check once person responsible assigned or not.

regards,

siddu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhu,

I checked the WBS and the person responsible is assigned , I checked it in cj20n, basic data tab under Tag - responsibilities.

Does it needs to be maintained anywhere else too.

Thanks

Rohit