cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Client Version 1.1.0 Barcode Scanner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I read in the specs of the update from the SAP Fiori Client that the new Client has a Barcode Scanner. What is necessary to getting able to use this scanner?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rschristian
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

I assume that the standard SAP Fiori Client itself is a Cordova project with different plugins from both Apache Cordova (e.g. org.apache.cordova.geolocation and SAP Kapsel (e.g. com.sap.mp.cordova.plugins.barcodescanner).

In order to make use of these plugins, either the Fiori Client (which you cannot customize in case you use this standard Fiori Client) or the Fiori Apps/Tiles need to call respective plugin methods.

There are already some Fiori apps which use the Barcode Scanner plugin (if it exists in the Fiori Client Cordova project).

So basically, if you want to scan with the new Barcode Scanner plugin, you need something like:

function scan() {

cordova.plugins.barcodeScanner.scan(scanSuccessCallback, scanErrorCallback);

}

function scanSuccessCallback(result) {

log(JSON.stringify(result));

}

function scanErrorCallback(error) {

alert("Scanning failed: " + JSON.stringify(error));

}

Please note that the Barcode Scanner plugin can also encode. For more information, see

Best regards

christian

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I am assuming that the listed features will be available if you are using a custom Fiori client.

You can create a custom Fiori client using SMP SDK SP04 (), you can add the plugins listed in screen shot.

Regards,

Midhun VP