cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CR 2013 with DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports 2013 with IBM DB2 database. My computer is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. The software is the trial version of CR 2013. Whenever I try to add more than one table to a query, I get a message "Crystal Reports has stopped working", and then it closes the program. I can create a report using one table and it works fine, but adding another table causes the crash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

I am having the same issue.  Using the DB2 CLI driver.  I can connect to one DB2 Database selectig 2 or more tables, but the newest Database causes Crystal to Crash.  I follow all of the suggestions below with no luck.  Did you find resolution to this issue?

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

By default Window drivers has no option to create ODBC or OLEDB connection based on IBM DB2 database.

So i think you need to download "Data Direct Drivers" from the below link. you can only create ODBC or OLEDB connection with those drivers.

Otherwise you can also install IBM DB2 client database on the client machine, but the versions of database also we need to consider.

I am attaching the screenshot which version of drivers are supported for IBM DB2, please verify the screenshot and use the appropriate driver.

You can download the "Data Direct Drivers" from the below link...

SAP Support

Please check the version of Data Direct drivers before you download...

Hope the above information will help you ...

--Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

How to connect IBM DB2 database via ODBC or OLEDB or direct...not sure

Please tell some information....

-DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using ODBC connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is known issue in CR 2011 please refer below link some of experts discussed and fixed.

I hope this is useful to you..

Thanks,

DJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have done this fix and it did not help.

I did manage to get it to connect using the OLE DB(ADO)/Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC Drivers

I have no idea what that means, and I cannot imagine that many CR users do. We use this program because we do not have to be IT wizards to write reports.

It should not be that confusing just to get it started.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

The driver which you are using is Microsoft provided driver, that is unsupported.

I already provide the screenshot which is supported for crystal 2013, you can check and create a connection based on the drivers. Then you can able to create the reports.

--Naga.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naga: I appreciate your trying to help me. I went to the link you provided and all I saw was a list of service packs and fixes. I did not see anything about "data direct drivers", and nothing about CR 2013. Can you be more specific?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You can download Datadirect drivers of ODBC from the below link...

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100008666562008E/cr_datadirect53_win32.zip

But the above are Datadirect drivers of ODBC 5.3 version, please check with them. I think it will use to connect the database.

In the mean time i will try to find Datadirect drivers of ODBC 7.0 version and update you.

--Naga.