cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori client deployment using MobileIron

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client is using MobileIron as the MDM tool and we need to deploy the SAP Fiori client for iOS to our company managed devices, however we would like to default the SAP Fiori URL for the launch pad in the application settings with every app that is downloaded from the enterprise app store of MobileIron. What we are looking for is a configuration file which has the information of the setting parameters name for  SAP Fiori URL. The reason for doing this is to avoid the pain of entering the URL manually by every single user.

The same is the issue with SAP B1 mobile app, we need to prefill the settings of the app while deploying from MobileIron and we are not sure on how the config file would be for this app.

We are running on a tight time line, the Fiori works quite ok on the desktop, we need get it work on the Fiori client.

If any one has worked on this topic earlier, please advise how to populate the app settings along with the app deployment using MobileIron.

All your help would be highly appreciated.

With Kind Regards

Guru

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

fahad_ishaq
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if anyone is still active on this thread but we are currently facing some issues as well. I would like to pave out what exactly we have and what is our goal.

We are using MobileIron latest server for managing our corporate mobile phone and via Mobile Iron we have added SAP Fiori app to our managed apps. Beside this, we do have a complete ADFS infrastrcture that is managing all users and SSO redirection process. All company iphones have latest iOS installed. Currently, we are testing FIORI app on several devices before main Go-live and would like the app to authenticate the login via client certificate. Every time, we add our SSO link, we get the Error as within the attachment.

"error-page-on-sap-fiori-app.png"

My question is does the app support the client certificate authentication? if yes, then how can we add this to our Mobile Iron server?

We do not have any plans to deploy any SAP Authentication SSO system but would like to use our current infrastructure to deploy this app to all the users.

The reason why we want to move to native iOS app is because simultaneously we deployed SSO link on Safari browser via Mobile Iron for few test phase devices which works fines with authentication but when you want to goto "MY TIME SHEET" App and would like to enter CATS data over "To Do List" overview, the page scroll functions is buggy and does not work at all if you have more than one items' in To-Do' list. For example, i want to scroll minutely down or upwards, the page scrolls completely down or in other case upwards. This is not optimal at all and we would like to try our luck with native app from App store.

Beside this, we tested to deploy the SSO enabled link via Google Chrome app but Google does not supports client authentication via iOS, which in our eyes are quite absurd.

Hope there are experts who can kindly help me in this regard.

I would really appreciate your cooperation in this regard

Best Regards,

Fahad

Former Member
0 Kudos

One way to achieve this would be to use MobileIron's AppConnect solution (containerization, secure wrapping).

AppConnect - wrapped iOS and Android application can receive configuration from MobileIron server (it is totally up to you what this will be).

For example, in the configuration you can send a client certificate to provide SSO in the Fiori Client or the URL for Fiori launch pad.

High-level implementation scenario:

1) In your app, request configuration from MobileIron server

2) Once the configuration is received call Fiori Client's JavaScript methods:

var newFioriURL = <URL you got from MobileIron configuration>

sap.FioriClient.setFioriURL(newFioriURL);

sap.FioriClient.goToFioriURL(function(){});

Regards,

Piotr

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Piotr,

this sound promissing. If we would go for AppConnect, would we then also need to use JavaScript methods to import the client certificate to the fiori client within the wrapper or would this work out of the box as our wrapper app has already received the client certificate and fiori client would then have access to that?

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is up to the developer to create the interface that will pass the certificate received from MobileIron server, AppConnect configuration does not work out of the box. (it's like reading any external configuration, e.g. JSON file from a server)

To implement SSO in Fiori Client, you would have to use Kapsel AuthProxy plugin and also implement a custom certificate provider that would return the client certificate back to Fiori Client Kapsel plugin.

More info here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smp303sdk/helpdata/en/7c/035fab70061014a483940fd6c29742/content.htm

Ask MobileIron for AppConnect development documentation, it's quite easy to do the integration.

Regards,

Piotr

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Piotr for clarification.

So am I right in the asssumption that we'd need to have entitlement for Mobile Platform SKD 3.0 (SP 😎 to go down the "AppConnect" road?

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Correct, all you need is SMP 3.0 SDK to build your custom Fiori Client.

Then just integrate the app with MobileIron's SDK for AppConnect.

Regards,

Piotr

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks so much. Wish I had the opportunity to reward, though not my thread . All the more obliged for your help.

Cheers

Jens

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Discussion successfully moved from SAP for Mobile to SAP Fiori as the more appropriate venue for this topic.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP Mobile Platform Developer Center to SAP for Mobile.  Has nothing to do with SMP.  Fiori questions should mostly be in SAP for Mobile with SAPUI5 related questions in SAP UI Development Toolkit for HTML5 Developer Center communities.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I haven't worked on MobileIron MDM, so not sure how to set the configuration file for Fiori client. But as an alternative you can create your own custom Fiori client using Kapsel plugin as explained here: . Hence you can set the configuration properties from the code like Fiori URL and passcode policy.

Information on SMP SDK download :

Regards,

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Midhun for your alternate approach.

However, its not a path we are planning to take, because a standard app is available in app store and we would like to take the advantage of it. 

As a alternate, instead of MobileIron, I was trying to do the same with Afaria and ended with no luck, I tried doing all permutations and combinations changing the setting parameters name as fiorURL but still it does not populate the app settings.

Can you advise if we have better way to do it in Afaria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too have tried to configure the standard SAP Fiori iOS client with Afaria with no luck.

Would be nice if it supported iOS Managed App Config (the top section in the Afaria UI). I've tried with this:

BR

Peter

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Peter or Guru,

did you finally succeed? If so, could you please share your solution? We also have MobileIron as MDM

Providing default data to the vanilla Fiori client from the store is one of the problems we are facing on chosing fiori client over pure browser based approach.

Jens