SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP Online Retail Banking

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone has installed SAP Online Retail Banking before?

I am currently working on SAP Online Retail Banking implementation and I have some issues with it.

I have referred to this guide: Installation and Upgrade Guides > Industry Solutions > Industry Solution Guides > SAP for Banking > SAP Online Banking, and prepared the environment by installing the IBM Websphere for application servers, Java SE Development Key and Oracle 11g Database, as pre-requisites. All of the application servers are created, JDK has been installed, and Oracle 11g database has been installed. I was about to set up the database by executing the deploytool (deploy.bat) included on the Installation files, but it comes with Java Classloader Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

How can I get past with these error/s? Do I need to modify first the Java classpaths in the deploytool?

I have attached the deploy.bat tool and the CLI command that I executed and its results.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Were you able to get past your install issues?

Tina

0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

I got past with the installation. I have modified the correct classpaths for the said deploytool.  I am now stuck on the Post-installation part where I have to start up the consoles for the Retail Banking applications. Upon running the batch file (scj.bat) for starting one of the applications, the management console for FinancialFusion has been started. This will be used to start the Bill Payment and Transfer Warehouse console. I then tried to connect this BPTW console to the Oracle database, but the connection fails. As I checked the command line where the scj.bat was executed, I noticed an Oracle error ("ORA-00904: "PROPERTYNAME": invalid identifier").

Kindly advise on possible workarounds for this. Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles

0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

In the console, click Connections->connection profiles and Edit your default profile.  Do you have the Database type set correctly for the drivers you're using?  Are you specifying the host:port here or using the JDBC URL?   Has the Bill Payment Warehouse (BPW) started successfully?

Kind Regards,

Tina Capadouca

0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

I tried reinstalling the BPW EAR File on Websphere and tried opening the FInancialFusion Console via scj.bat. I also performed creating the default profile for this. I am currently using Oracle 11g as database and used ORacle:thin as the database type for creating new connection. I have supplied the necessary details for the Oracle DB parameters. (below are the screenshots). I got stuck with the error below.

I also even tried selecting the option to use JDBC URL and supplied the proper JDBC URL, but the same error persists. Need your inputs regarding this. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Charles

0 Kudos

Hello Charles,

And the user id and password is the same as what you specified during the DB creation?  Sorry if that's obvious.....

What version of Corporate Banking did you install?  Is it GA or have you applied any ESD'S?

Regards,

Tina

0 Kudos

Hello Tina,

The user ID and password that I supplied is the eBanking username that was created upon deploying the sample data on Oracle, which was done via triggering the deploy.bat. Is it the correct username or shall I use the system database username for this one?

I am currently installing Sybase FinancialFusion Corporate Banking 8.3, which is part of the SAP Online Retail Banking binaries. I have no idea if it is GA or ESD's, kindly clarify further on this.

Thanks for your response, appreciate it.

Regards,

Charles

0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

The UID and PWD you connect with should be the same as what you indicated in the build.props file to connect to CB - Corporate Banking.

Regards,

Tina

0 Kudos

Charles,

Also, check that the proper drivers are in the classpath in the bpw.bat file.  If you have the proper drivers, UID, PWD and port #, then that should be all that is needed.  I just checked my 8.3 install and it works with DB2.  Unfortunately, I don't have Oracle.

Regards,

Tina

0 Kudos

Hi Tina,

Thanks for the clarification.

I have also checked the drivers configured on the batch files and they are pointing on the right paths. I am currently in the process of modifying the settings and configs on Websphere for the JDBC sources. Would like to ask if what type of data source did you configure on Websphere, is it ConnectionPool type or XA data source?

Thanks and regards,

Charles

0 Kudos

Tina,

Additional questions with regards to deploying the .EAR files on Websphere:

• How did you modify the initial parameters for all the Retail Banking applications before they are installed on Websphere?
  • Did you use local application DTD files upon configuring the Retail Banking applications?

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me on this one?

I have already deployed the Retail Banking applications on Websphere and got past with the proper configuration of scj.bat and was able to start the FinancialFusion Management console. Upon starting the BPW Manager console on it, I was able to configure the Message Broker Runtime Repository and the Database Connection with the proper values and details of the hostname, IP and login details for the DB. But, when I started the default server for BPW, the error message below appearred:

According to the support, the error might be due to the incorrect EJB login and password, but I have checked this and it was correct.

Please advice on the possible cause of this error. Appreciate your feedback on this. Thank you very much!

Regards,

Charles