Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete warning message for material deletion flag in PM/CS

eriksen_peter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a question with regards to material deletion flags. We have a lot of product numbers that business have marked with a deletion flag, that is busniess behavior, when they don´t use the product anymore.

Problem is that we in the service department still recive in this products for repair, each time we create a notification or service order, we add the product number in the assembly field. Since that field have a validation you get a warrning when order is saved.

The warning is ok when we work inside SAP gui, we can just confirm message with enter and then process the order.. But we have a portal where we interact with our service partners ( its build on std SAP function call ) and here the message course problems.

This function call can not handle the warning message, so orders can not be dispatched to service partners.

Further more we like to create equipments on all our products and here we also get the problem..

So question is, do anyone know a  SAP note or where to deactivate that system message ?

PS: We are working with buisness not to set the deletion falg, but change in process is fare in the future, and we kind of need a solution for our portal now.

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the message type from warning to info.

• In case of Purchasing Purchasing,

IMG ->Material Management->Purchasing->Environment Data->Define Attributes of System Messages

• In case of Inventory Management   

IMG ->Material Management->Inventory Management and Physical Inventory->Define Attributes of System Messages

• In case of External Service Management

IMG ->Material Management->External Services Management->Define Attributes of System Messa

• In case of Material Master   

IMG ->Logistics - General->Material Master->Basic Settings->Define Attributes of System Messages

Kind regards,

Mariano

eriksen_peter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mariano

Thanx a lot for your answer.

I had been trough each of your steps, but unfortunately it does not do the trick.

What i need to a Define Attributes of system message for PM. and that does not exist as fare as I know.

The proposal, will only help in Material master direct or in inventory.. My problem is in the service order / Notification

Message is IM049

So I need to deactivate IM049 from the system..

But thanx a lot for the feedback its appreciated

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can deactivate (switch off) the message in OBMSG.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (0)