cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service not received BAPI response from PI in SOAP to BAPI synchronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

HiExperts,

I have done Web service <===>BAPI synchronous scenario. while testing this interface, we are getting SOAP request from Web service, calling BAPI in PI, BAPI executed and response coming to PI. In PI It is showing message successfully sent to Web service but they are not receiving any content.

In Configuration created only 2 communication channels created 1)SOAP sender 2)BAPI receiver

in SOAP sender Transport Protocol HTTP and Message Protocol SOAP1.1 maintained.

Remaining objects created as usual  for synchronous scenario.

Please guide how to send the response back to web service. Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar,

Did you see any error in SOAP Sender channel.  Please check the Quality of Service what you configured in Sender SOAP CC.

And also check with third party team whether they have implemented at their to end receive the response from PI system.

Thanks,

Satish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the response.

SOAP sender channel working successfully, Quality of service maintained as "Best Effort".

I checked with third party Team, They created service to receive response from PI.

Please suggest how to invoke web service while sending the response back to third party.

Is receiver channel required to invoke web service from PI or with existing configuration, they can able to capture response.

if receiver channel required where do we maintain that channel in receiver agreement or SOAP sender channel.

Thanks,

Rathnakar

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to maintain receiver channel to send back the response.

Did you test the scenario from SOAP UI to see if you are getting the response.

What is the status of the message in PI? Can you see the response payload in PI?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your message monitoring for response at adapter engine and SXMB_MONI  shows successful and see the payload content value in the response message, then there is no problem at the PI level. I'm thinking firewall rule for port opening for the outbound from sender to your PI might have established by the network team but not inbound to their side.  Please check it. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SXMB_MONI showing message processed successfully. In adapter engine, not able to view the message for synchronous scenario.

Please guide how to monitor synchronous messages in adapter engine. asynchronous messages coming in adapter engine.

we are using PI 7.3 dual stack.

Regards,

Rathnakar

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rathnakar,

1. About monitoring synchronous messages

You have two options

1.1 Fill diagnostics header in request --> This will allow you to activate monitor only specific synchronous messages. See here

1.2 Activate sync logging globally --> This will log all messages, sync or async. Beware! Not recommended for production scenarios. See here

2. About your actual problem.

I second . Please try scenario using soapUI. If you get back a response XML chances are that there's a firewall problem or receivers implementation is incorrect / they are discarding the payload.

Cheers

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error "Failed to call the endpoint: Error in call over HTTP: HTTP 405 Method Not Allowed" coming in adapter engine while sending back response to webservice.

Could anyone please help me on this.

Regards,

Rathnakar

0 Kudos

Hi Rathnakar,

Please check the following -

1. If the correct WSDL file is being used

2. URL is correct and accesible

Check the following thread with similar query -

Regards,

Ramya Iyer

Answers (0)