cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Decision in Process Chain to load data to a SPO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding adding a Decision type to my Process chain.

I want to load data to a SPO that contains 12 InfoCubes (Jan - Dec) from a DSO, but I do not want to start all 12 DTP's.

Want I am looking for is a way to only start the DTP's that load to the InfoCubes that contain current month, last month and all other data should be loaded to a Infocube (nr 13) that is not a part of the SPO so I would only have 3 DTP's running at the same time and not 13.

E.g. A delta load to the DSO contains 3 records; 1 for 2014.09, 1 for 2014.08 and 1 for 05.2013 triggers the DTP to the January InfoCube, the DTP to the August InfoCube and the DTP to the 13 Infocube.

Is this possible by using a Decision and if so how?

Kind Regards

Steffen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

HI,

as far as I remember: an DTP creates an request everytime in all partitions of an SPO. So the system writes the datasets in the partion where the restriction criteria of the partition matches and in the other partion it creates a request without data. So I'm not quite sure if your request makes sense?

Cheers

J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is true (If I understand your reply correctly) but that will still require that all 13 DTPs will be executed and that is what we would like to avoid. We have many SPO's and it will require way too many ressorces to executed all the DTPs for every SPO and it will stall everything else.

Steffen

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't worked with SPOs yet, but I do work frequently with decisions, so here's my 5 cents...

In your case you wish to have your decision based on the data contained in "a delta load to the DSO". I'm assuming you're talking InfoPackage here, because you wish to execute the DTP's afterwards.

So basically you need to determine which "months" are in your incoming data packages. The only way I see that possible is via start/end routine. In your example, you would look the data package and find 3 records each with a different month, being 08.2014, 09.2014 & 05.2013. You could then "convert" these to just numbers ranging from 1 to 13. That makes it relatively "easy" to link the right DTP to the right "number".

Now, how to pass that info (those numbers) back to the "decision" process? By default you base your formula on a "system" field (see basic how to link below). I don't see how this would work in your case. You'll need to somehow export your "numbers" (most likely an internal table or a "range") to memory (or fill it in a [z-]table) and then read it back in with custom code. I haven't done that yet (at least not in the context of decision steps), but I would recommend to have a look at the "experienced" way of working document below. It won't be easy, but I think it could work.

Cheers,

Raf

The official documentation can be found here.

For a "basic" how to on decision step, click here.

For a more "experienced" way of working, click here.