SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues in Old Invoice reversal after Activating FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

We are implementing the FM in already running production environment. There is a scenario that if we activate the FM say on 1st December and after that we are reversing an invoice of already exisitng PO which was completed before 1st Dec. When we reverse the invoice system needs fund centre as there is no derivation strategy defined for that particular scenario.The issues faced are as below:

1) There is no FM accounting assignments in PO and when we try to assign say fund centre with the help of transaction FMCN and FMCT then system gives errror that it is not possible because GR already done.

2) Now in case we assign fund centre to PO by any way then it is not logical as it may create extra funds in the Fund Centre.

Please advise if there is any way to assign fund centre to the PO's for which GR is completed.

Thanks & Regards

Rohit Goel

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will have to retroactively create FM documents, first providing assignment for them. You can use FMCN and FMCT transactions for this purpose.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Eli,

Thanks for the feedback.I tried to assign the FM objects to FI document related to Invoice (MIRO) and GR (MIGO) and it was succcessful with the help of transaction FMCN and FMCT. Now both the FI document have FM objects. Then i tried to do the reversal it gave me same error that no fund centre derived.

Now I tried to assign FM objects to PO FMCN ran sucessful but FMCT is giving same error that Account assignment not allowed to change after GR and Invoice receipt.

Message Says:

"Account assignment cannot be changed after goods or invoice receipt

Message no. ME458."

Please advise if I followed the right process as suggested by you or you have some other process to follow.

Regards

Rohit Goel

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IR/GR and their reversal are indeed trying to adopt the assignment from PO. So, PO assignment to FM is essential. In order to skip the error ME458 you have to apply OSS note

1869472 - Error ME458 - Account assignment cannot be change after GR / IR (in SRM or ECC side)

You have to go to OME9 and set flag account assignment to changeable for the relevant account category. You can switch it back when you are through.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. But this is risky in production environment. As it is not possible to transports these changes whenever required. There is a long process for changing the configuration in production.

Let me advise if there is any other way. Anyway I will raise an OSS with SAP.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can modify T163K-KNTAE field directly in Production (SE16N &sap_edit).

I doubt if OSS will help you as it is not a bug in the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me try with them.