cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save two comments with EPMSaveComment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using BPC 10 for MS, SP 18 patch 2. I was wondering if there is a way to save two comments simultanously, without having to blow up my report with 4 columns...

The situation is like this: I have one column with the EPMSaveComment function, and a second column where the comment is entered. What I am looking for is a way to save a second comment whenever a comment is saved, where all dimensions but one have the same members, and the text saved as comment is fixed. I could probably do this by adding two more columns to my report, with another EPMSaveComment in one column and the text in the second, but I'd rather have it a bit more elegant...

To illustrate what I want - my dream function would look like this (I know that this doesn't work, just to give you an idea what I'm looking for):

=  EPMSaveComment(M19; ; E19; F19; "K1"; $B$2; "2000.TOTAL"; left(E19; 6); "BottomUp"; "NB"; "periodic")   &  EPMSaveComment( ; ; E19; F19; "ALL"; $B$2; "2000.TOTAL"; left(E19; 6); "BottomUp"; "NB"; "periodic")="text"

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philipp,

I would implement as you first suggested, but hide the columns so that the users don't see what is going on.

You would probably have to have the EPMSaveComment formulas in separate cells, as they are sending data, I don't think they would work together.

Also I am not sure you can reference the same cell for the comment.  though this could be solved with a formula or some VBA.

Regards,

Mark