cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Implement Dynamic Modification Rule for Material & multiple vendor Combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In dynamic modification rule for Material &  vendor combination, i have maintained material & vendor in Inspection plan at Material Assignments

1.If i purchase same material from different vendors then how to implement ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

If I understood correctly, you can maintain Dynamic Modification Rule at lot level and assign the DMR number also in quality plan. When doing  GRN against PO you will get your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the reply, My Query is i am purchasing a material for Eg. 'A' from three vendors name it as 'X' , 'Y' and 'Z'.

I need to Implement DMR for vendors X , Y and not for Z.

Moreover i should have same inspection plan for all three vendors, is it possible?

With Regards,

N.S.Balaji

Former Member

Hello,

No this is not possible. DMR you apply on inspection plan level , it can't restrict the vendor. No way in stdn SAP for single inspection plan, you do one thing just create two inspection plan for same material , in one inspection plan apply vendor combination along with DMR and in another simple generic plan with no assignment of DMR as well as vendor.

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Silver

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to maintain vendor in inspection plan only material assignment is sufficient, you can select DMR at lot level in Quality plan header and assign DMR, when you post GR for material, Quality level is generated for different material vendor Combination as in PO, if you need to create Quality level manually you can create using QDL1

Thanks

DD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar,

Thanks for the reply, ya its fine if DMR is required for all vendors but,

My Query is i am purchasing a material for Eg. 'A' from three vendors name it as 'X' , 'Y' and 'Z'.

I need to Implement DMR for vendors X , Y and not for Z.

Moreover i should have same inspection plan for all three vendors, is it possible?

With Regards,

N.S.Balaji

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

I am not sure if i have followed your requirement.

What do you want to do with Vendor Z? Do you want to inspect each lot from Z?

If yes:

Then Create 2 Inspection plans with same Operations and Same MICs, In Material Assignment, mention Vendor as Z so that 1st inspection plan will only be for Vendor Z. Do not enter DMR in Header.

In 2nd inspection plan Enter DMR and do not mention any vendor so this plan will be applicable for all vendors except Z.

If No:

Then create Qm info record for vendor Z with "No inspection" set in QI06.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

As Divakar Said, You may create inspection plant Vendor specific. So , Material A - Vendor X, A-Y and A-Y ; three inspection plans will be created .

Assign DMR to respective Inspection plan.

Regards,

Neeraj

former_member191663
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

In standard SAP, using one inspection plan for multiple business scenarios is not possible.

If you want same DMR for X and Y vendor and NO DMR for Z vendor then,

1. Create inspection plan for material A with group counter 1 and Vendor X & Y in material assignment and assign required DMR.

2. Create inspection plan for material A with group counter 2 and with Vendor Z OR without any assignment.

Regards,

Gururaj Kulkarni