cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sybase.scc.jmx.ManagedObjectGateway.err_invoke_op SCC agent db2v105:9999 does not know Sybase IQ version string. Something is wrong with the IQ Agent plug-in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am a student and just want to try my hands on SAP IQ. So i downloaded SAP for linux. I set up a Virtual machine on my windows and loaded the linux image onto the virtual machine. So far i have been successfully able to install SAP IQ, create database and so on. But I have only got as far as authenticating the agent after registering it. When i authenticate the agent it gives me the below error and obviously the authentication fails

"com.sybase.scc.jmx.ManagedObjectGateway.err_invoke_op SCC agent db2v105:9999 does not know Sybase IQ version string. Something is wrong with the IQ Agent plug-in."

So i searched on internet and followed the process mentioned in SAP info center under change request number 723112 however I am still unable to get it working. I would be really grateful if someone could help me ASAP. Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo All,

I am doing some research of performance of sybase IQ. Could anyone please tell me how do I get the total IO cost for the query?

Below is what I have so far. But it would be nice to get total cumulative IO cost. Appreciate your help Thanks in advance

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

You can generate HTML query plans instead that contain more detail about a query by setting query_plan_as_html='on'; query_plan_after_run='on'; query_plan_detail='on'; etc.

What you will get is the time it took to get the number of rows and the detail.

As IQ is column-based, however, total IO cost is not the way to actually rank or rate IQ vs. other DBMS engines.  What you really want is time to user, as other variables such as IQ indexing, disk configuration and memory can affect query performance.

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

What is the version of IQ , SCC and OS ?
I am assuming you have created the soft link as is suggested for cr 723112.

Please indicate what you did exactly.

Is IQ and SCC installed on the same machine , if so are they in the same $IQDIR directory or you have it under different main directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harpreet,

Thank you for your reply.

I am running linux 64bit on a virtual box.

SAP IQ-16.0

The command center and IQ are installed on the same machine. I followed the exact same steps as mentioned in SAP's guide. The only change i did was I installed IQ on /opt/Sybase ( I manually created Sybase folder under /opt instead of the default location which was /tmp. Other than that i followed all the steps as mentioned in the guide. Now i am still struggling with this one step of authenticating the agent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you post plugins/com.sybase.iq/agent-plugin.xml ?

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I'm not exactly sure why should in a old post. I have already seen that post and the problem there was the underlying OS. But here its a completely different OS we are talking about

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but is your choice.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I didn't understand what you meant in your last post. "can you post plugins/com.sybase.iq/agent-plugin.xml ?" Are you saying that i should post my problem there

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO, I'm asking you to post here the content of the file agent-plugin.xml which is located in /opt/Sybase/COCKPIT-4/plugins/com.sybase.iq (your installation) if you are trying to use COCKPIT or /opt/Sybase/SCC-3_3/plugins/com.sybase.iq for SCC

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Well it is located under /opt/Sybase/SCC-3_2/plugins/com.sybase.iq . And sorry for the confusion earlier

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<agent-plugin name="IQ Agent Plugin" version="3.2.7" id="com.sybase.ua.plugins.iqap" class="com.sybase.ua.plugins.iqap.IQAgen

tPlugin" provider-name="Sybase, Inc." register-on-startup="true" enabled="true" mbean-type="Model MBean" mbean-descriptor="mb

ean-descriptor.xml" arl-config="arl.xml" auto-register="true" auto-unregister="false" auto-unregister-grace-period="5" offlin

e="false">

<dependencies />

<properties>

<set-property property="com.sybase.home" value="/opt/Sybase" />

<set-property property="iq.home" value="/opt/Sybase/IQ-16_0" />

</properties>

</agent-plugin>

0 Kudos

Can you try the following : Reboot the VM and restart SCC, create a new database , start it and then try authenticating, it appears that if there is a locale issue on the OS then you might run into this error.
Also can you tell us the version of the Agent you are using ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there was problem with the OS. I reinstalled and create database again and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did this around 10 days back and i  don't seem to have a problem ever since.. But i might need more help in the future so I will be active.. But thank you all for your help