cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Studio - put initial state on chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I work with DS1.3 SP01, and I have a problem with putting initial state on chart after RESET action from a button.

Initially I was inspired with Zahid’s post http://scn.sap.com/thread/3566300, but it’s seems to be other scenario and needs.

I this case, I have a tabstrip with 5 pages, where each presents pie charts. Once we click on one of the chart, a crosstab is displayed for each of them. When I click on button RESET, whatever a page is currently displayed I want to clear all filters for all my charts. During a RESET I hide all cross tabs – so I don’t have to liberate datasources linked to crosstabs.

My code for RESET button seems to work quite ok, cause it gives me a chart with initial state, ready for next selections…. in condition that I do not click on RESET just after 1st click on pie chart.

For example :

- on page 1 : click on pie chart 1, then I go to the page 2/ click on chart 2  - come back to page 1 => click reset (chart 1 - initial state, chart 2-selection is highlighted)
or

- on page 1 : click on pie chart, then I add additional filter from panel_filter for all charts => click reset, works fine for all charts.

If I try to click on RESET just after an action of click on the pie chart, I would say it stays locked, and my RESET do not put him in initial state. But If I click again, it works ! I would like to understand what is happening just after click on pie chart, why the state of chart seems to be "locked" ?

My code:

DS_1.clearAllFilters();

CHART_1.getSelectedMember("XEMPLOYEE").internalKey;

DS_2.clearAllFilters();

CHART_2.getSelectedMember("XCOUNTRY").internalKey;

// put invisible all cross tab from different pages                

CROSSTAB_1.setVisible(false);      

Thank you

Beata

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check document

hopes it suits you well

grtz

Koen

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Beata, can you please check if there are some issue in the "Error View"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Karol,

I've checked the Error view, but nothing significant.

Some warnings about obsolete Bookmarks.

Bea

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Beata,

why you need those bold lines?

My code:

DS_1.clearAllFilters();

CHART_1.getSelectedMember("XEMPLOYEE").internalKey;

DS_2.clearAllFilters();

CHART_2.getSelectedMember("XCOUNTRY").internalKey;

// put invisible all cross tab from different pages               

CROSSTAB_1.setVisible(false);

I do not see reason for those. I suspect, when you clear the filters, those lines can cause some issues as the clearfilters call is for sure triggering event to chart and then the selection is cleared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karol,

If I put only DS_1.clearAllFilters(), once I click on chart and then directly on RESET, my chart stays with a graphic selection as in the picture on the left, which I consider to much mistaken for a user.

I've noticed that if I add chart1.getSelectedMember(dimension).internalKey - I come back to initial state, picture on the right (but not directly after first click on RESET - I had to click twice on RESET)

But if I click on pie chart, then add a filter from filter panel => and click on RESET, it works fine, my chart is like on the right, directly after first click on RESET.

Why ?!!!

beata