cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple PO referenced from single Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

I have a situation in which, multiple purchase orders get generated for a single sales order.

I am a SD person and dont have much knowledge in MM.

Pls. help.

Thanks,

Ray.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I read this screen shot differently.

it is just one PO, not multiple POs.

I see 3 item number, item 10 and 20 are zero quantity. which means an item was created and later deleted, which automatically opened the requisition again. it was new converted to item 20, which was then again deleted, then item 30 was created.

You can navigate into the PO by double clicking the PO number (if you have authorization)

by the way, you missed to ask a question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen.

You are right. I meant three items with the same PO.

How can I prevent this from being part of doc flow. Since every time a user has

this situation, the doc flow has multiple line items with 0 quantities attached and only

1 of the item has the real quantity.

Thanks,

Ray.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would not spend too much time to restrict a line to appear in the document flow, or even worse to delete it from there. It is a welcome trace for an activity that was done before. Once you have some month support experience you are lucky for each small crumb that can help to solve an issue.

Better train the user to read and understand the document flow.

If you search for OSS notes on document flow, then you can find a very high number, this alone should make you think how complex the programs are.

Anyhow it works as designed, read OSS note 550362 - FAQ: special problems for third-party and individual PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen