cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Maintenance of Resource in APO within the /SAPAPO/RES01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has ever anybody used and worked with the mass resource maintenance in APO within the /SAPAPO/RES01 ?

Since no any hint in the related help.sap.com, OSS, a step by step guide would be appreciated by the whole APO community.

No, I we are not interested about the MASSD, since this has no such options like the RES01 would offer. Like the mass Capacity or Shift seq. assignment.

The screenshots below shows what suppose to work: --> EXACTLY HOW?

thanks in advance

Gabor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I got the working solution from SAP OSS

(would be great when they could place this information to the system or at least into the help.sap.com...)

• Switch mass change on
  • Enter the new values in line 1
  • Mark the colums with the new values and and the lines that shall be changed
  • Press button "Change Field Values (F7)"
Former Member
0 Kudos

It still does not work. Did you get it to work?

How do you do :

• Mark the colums with the new values and and the lines that shall be changed

I can select the column that I entered a new value for in row (1).

But how do you select the resources you want to change.

If I select the "Change Field Values" (F7) after entering a value in row (1) nothing happens.

I select the column for which I entered a value for in row (1) and F7 and still nothing happens.\

There is no way to select the rows.

And choosing "Select with Condition / Filter" Shift+F6 does not do anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

I never got it to work until I saw that note.  Very obscure, and not like any other SAP mass-type transaction I have ever seen.

Mark the colums with the new values and the lines that shall be changed

After you mark the column(s); and enter the new value(s), press F9 (select all). You won't see any indication that anything has changed, but now the Lines have also been selected.  Now press F7 (Change Field Values).  Save.

I never got the filter thingy to work......

Best Regards,

DB49

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean select the column you want to change by Clicking on the column header?  Which highlights the entire column? 

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

Yes, exactly as you have shown in your last screenshot.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool.. that works.

Just can't use the filter button or select individual rows to change.

But still useful.  Wonder if SAP will fix the "filter" button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ken,

Actually, I suspect that this is not working the way it was originally designed.  I have never seen any other SAP standard program using an 'ALV-like' grid perform selection of rows without also highlighting the rows.  If I was a very fussy person, I would raise an OSS message asking them to fix it.  However, in the projects I have worked, it takes less effort to actually do the mass changes with the (in my opinion) 'crippled' //RES01 than it would take to raise and work through the typical OSS message .

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is actually the same process for mass maintenance in ECC-CEWB. The selective change option works better in CEWB though.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor,

Try following below steps, you should get what you are looking for.

-- /n/sapapo/res01

-- Load required multiple resources by entering any filtering critation on selection screen.

-- Click on change resourse icon.

-- Choose relevent tab which you want to maintain in mass. for example there are 73 multimixed resources and you want  to maintain this tab then choose the tab multimixed resources.

-- Click on mass maintenance on / off button same screen which you shared.

-- Once in the mass maintenance screen, again click on mass maintenance button, you should get the screen in change mode.

Check and let me know if you are able to go in change mode.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sourabh,

it does not work, been trying to figure this out for a while. What i feel is that, when you swtich on the mass maintenance you will get the fields which you can make changes at the top. There is another icon which says " Change Field values" this should actually change the values, but it does not work.

Regards. Rorie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh,

below Rorie has right. The issue is not to go change mode, this can everybody, but how to execute the targeted and selected changes there once the mass change activated.

Gabor

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabor / Rorie,

Please check below screenshot, system allows to maintain mass values here,

This way you can make the changes and then saving the changes should serve the purpose.

Buttons to Select with condition and Change field values are not working in my case as well.

We might need to wait for other experts to comment on this.

Rgds

Sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourabh

thanks to try, but I think you do not get the point. Because the intention is not to maintain one-by-one as in your screenshot, but rather enter a value for a selected field (see my screenshots, the first empty line where the arrows point), enter a value and set this for all previously selected resource.

Regards

Gabor

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I too have been unable to figure this functionality out.  I honestly think it does not work.

I have been able to figure out alot of "hidden" features in APO but not sure about this one.

Ken