cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom IVR on NOINPUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a custom IVR. I have added child element for NOINPUT. But when we are testing the call, on NOINPUT call is getting
disconnected. As per the target element it should route the call to the “transferdefault”. Could you please tell me what could have been wrong?

I also attaching the screen shot from the IVR Editor.

Thanks,

Amit Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Have you checked the CEM logs?

The IVR looks ok, but the logs will show what is happening in that menu on no input.

You may need to increase the the log level, check this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bcm70/helpdata/en/ce/3c7053ad956957e10000000a44538d/frameset.htm

BR

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your response. Sorry, I am new to BCM, Could you please tell me where can I find the CEM logs? Also wanted to tell you one more thing, Call is only disconnected when I am calling from an external number. We are using SBC gateway from Audiocodes. I tested the same internally, calling custom IVR number from CDT and it is working absolutely fine.

Thanks,

Amit Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

The CEM Logs can be found on your BCM/CCtr application server/s.

They are in BCM\Logs\XXX_Core location. If you have multiple app servers you'll need to check which one the Core VU is active on to find the right logs.

Increase the log level to debug and run the test again,

Have you checked the logs and settings on the gateway, it may not be BCM that is dropping the call.

How long is the timeout on the Menu for NoInput? If you reduce that time to a few seconds is the call dropped no matter how long the wait time is?

BR

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your help. Issue is resolved now. I changes the timeout on the Menu to fix the issue. earlier it was 10 sec, I have changed it to 5 sec to fix the issue. Still I have a question, Is there also a timeout on the gateway?

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Glad you've resolved your issue.

I'm not familiar with the Audiocodes gateway, however I expect it will have settings and monitoring on the sessions it's running to determine if they are still active.

It may be the gateway that has disconnected the call or it could be something else.

Recommend you get the gateway settings checked, if you know that reverting the timeout to 10 seconds will bring back your issue then in this menu 5 seconds seems a sufficient time out, but if you need longer for another menu the underlying problem still exists.

BR

Karl

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out Audiocodes parameter DisconnectOnBrokenConnection
That could explain 30sec timeout.

Regards,
Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

Audiocodes parameter DisconnectOnBrokenConnection is set to 100 msec which is less than 10 sec. But I am not sure why the call is getting disconnected if I am setting "time out" value on the menu (in BCM IVR) to 10 sec. It is working fine for any value below 10 sec. I am attaching the screen shot for the Advanced Parameter on audiocodes. Please have look at the screen shot and let me know if you find anything wrong here.

Thanks,

Amit

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

When Audiocodes DisconnectedOnBrokenConnection is enabled Audiocodes tries to sniff the RTP traffic and if there is only one way audio then it will disconnect the line.

Now what we have in IVR? Aint it so that SAP Contact Center is playing audio towards PSTN?
And from PSTN we are receving DTMF tones which are actually data traffix from Audiocodes to SAP Contact Center. Does it sound like a one way audio?

Hope you got the idea. Anyhow, SAP Contact Center recommends you to disable the parameter.

Regards,
Jukka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

Thanks for the explanation and recommendation from SAP Contact Centre.

BR

Karl