cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space requirement in the receiver system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I are building a TDMS prototype and primarily want to achieve the time slice scenario for a period of 3 months.

I have setup 3 systems :

Sender system : ECC 6.0 with DMIS 2011 and DMIS 2011 CNT SP07

Control / Central : NW 731 with DMIS 2011 and DMIS 2011 CNT SP07

Receiver system : ECC 6.0 with DMIS 2011 and DMIS 2011 CNT SP07

I have used the TDMS transaction code to Analyse reports on the table differences and system parameters in the sender and the receiver system.

I want to know as to how much space should we request to be increased before hand in the receiver system for the 3 months time slice ?

I understand that we can take the DB growth for 3 months but that would just give the delta and not the actual space that wuld be required as a time slice also transfers master+transaction data which would be quite big ?

Also, to mention that the sender system is Non-PRD: 11TB

The receiver system is Non - PRD : 200 GB

Thank you,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,
You could create a ERP package with type "Time-Based Reduction".

In activity "Package Settings", you could use a subactivity "Size Analysis for Tables Relevant for Data Transfer".

This subactivity shows the approximate size you need.

I'm attach a files with image and description the subactivity.

Best regards,

Damián M. Storozenko.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harsh,

You will need around 2.5 TB of space in target system, this is based on the TDMS assumption for data distribution in a typical ERP landscape. Generally 80% of the system size is consumed by transaction data and rest 20% is master, config plus admin data, so in your case roughly 2.2 TB will be required for non-transactional data and in addition to that you will also need space for 3 months of transaction data (which u can calculate based on monthly avg rate but as sandeep mentioned TDMS will also consider some extra documents)

Technically its not possible to predict the space requirement in target system, so u can consider tdms assumption (80-20 ratio) as your base to support the rough estimate.

Thanks

Anita

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Without looking at the system, my guestimate is a minimum of 2 TB for receiver system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Thank you , would you tell me how would this amount to 2 TB ? Is this based upon your experience with TDMS ?

The problem is that the infra team which handles storage, DB and OS is the client's internal team and we need to provide thorough documentation in terms of SAP notes, guides etc. for any requirement that we submit to them.

I am sure atleast 1 TB of space will be required but I am looking for ways to support my requirement when I present in front of them.

Thank you,

Harsh

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As I said its only a guesstimate based on experience. In a 11 TB source system normally Change documents and Text documents itself will amount to a huge data.By the way how you came to this 1 TB figure?

It purely depends on how much master data customer systems has or how the business processes are configured as TDMS will transfer the business process as "complete" meaning that if a Billing document is created within your time slice but the preceding document were created before this date - such document will also  be transferred.

Additionally you can have look at the TDMS Sizing guide for more information on this.